Finally!! A New Trailer!
  Re: (...)
It seems it's taken us forever and it's not really a new trailer! darn near first time in our lives, we decided to be smart instead of top drawer. We found the neatest (looks like it's never been used - remember the little old lady in Pasadena?? ) travel trailer that we both just fell in love with.

We've been looking and looking and finaly yesterday a.m. we had it down to 5 trailers/5th wheels to decide between - all new when we walked into this one. Not only do we get the size we wanted, the best part is...they have to give us money back!!! How great is that?

Anyway, things are really hectic. My friend Sonja left Sunday and we took off Monday, we go back today with our 5th wheel and bring back the trailer. Billy J is supposed to be here tomorrw, so we're going to sleep in the new trailer tonight, no way will Billy be the first to sleep in the new one!!!

Saturday, Bill & Jane come and Monday, come hell or high water, we are loading up the rig and we are outta here fir a few days!!! We have been stuck at home (except for a couple of fast trips to Portland) for over a year!

Anyway, what a relief to have this behind us - I guess I'm supposed to head this thread with a "OT" but I forgot.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Finally!! A New Trailer! by cjs (It seems it's taken ...)
You will have to post a photo of your new 'baby' when you have a chance. We've been wanting one for a few years. Now the kids are big enough to tote around, we are more serious about it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Finally!! A New Trailer! by luvnit (You will have to pos...)
Yes, be sure to take a picture for us, Jean. And I would love to know how this trailer is different from your 5th wheel and why you decided to change. (just for future reference, you know) We had a 28 ft. bunkhouse, and always thought a 5th wheel would be the way to go.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Finally!! A New Trailer! by Mare749 (Yes, be sure to take...)
Congratulations Jean & Roy. How very cool!! I'm happy to hear about your new "addition". Best of luck and many happy, safe trips to you!
PS When are you heading up this way??????
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Finally!! A New Trailer! by farnfam (Congratulations Jean...)
I will post some pix. Our 5th wheel was 31' - we really thought we'd be spending 6 mos to a year at a time traveling around the country. But, we decided we really don't want to do that. We do want to take long trips across the country, but not live in the darn thing.

So, we decided to down-size to something that will fit in state camp grounds and the back roads of the USA - ours was just too big to fit those trips.

We flip flopped back and forth between staying with a 5th wheel or going back to a trailer and we found the size we want to pull in a 5th wheel, the bedrooms were just to claustrophobic and not tall enough for Roy to stand up in.

We found we could get much more 'trailer' with a travel trailer instead. And...Roy did admit pulling the 5th wheel was somewhat of a status thang.

Maryann, we even considered a bunkhouse arrangement to take the bunks out and fix up a little office, but when we found this one we bought, all that went out of the window!

cis, we have a trip planned for next summer/fall all the way across country - soon as we hear some plans of some folks....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Finally!! A New Trailer! by cjs (I will post some pix...)
How few days???? Any direction in mind???? Hmmmmm. We have discovered that you can park a rig here and no one says a word - even if you block the sidewalk! We'd love to see you guys again.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Finally!! A New Trailer! by Harborwitch (How few days???? Any...)
We'll just head out to Port Townsend...maiden voyage.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Finally!! A New Trailer! by cjs (We'll just head out ...)
That would be a great trip!

Re: Re: Finally!! A New Trailer! by cjs (We'll just head out ...)
But, but, I was planning on staying for a week or so.... Actually, I hadn't planned a darned thing, just to arrive sometime on Thursday and then to see what happened.

I'm glad you two found what you wanted. I know you've been looking for some time. I'm supposed to be back up there at Dave & Jackie's for Thanksgiving so I'll possibly see you then.

How am I supposed to survive with you and Roy galivanting around the country?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Finally!! A New Trailer! by bjcotton (But, but, I was plan...)
Two words: "stow away"??? Now, all of you need to come down here for a visit together.