Shoot me and get it over with!
  Re: (...)
Okay, you guys may be getting tired of my Pioneer Woman posts, but I can't help it. I was really bored, can't get to sleep, and the satellite is out. So I was looking around and found this site. On the link is the warning, which after visiting, I will repeat: "Don't go there hungry. You might lick your computer screen". I DARE you to go there!

FoodGawkers
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Shoot me and get it over with! by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, you guys may b...)
I think I'll wait until the guests are gone and I can look at it in a leisurely time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Interesting site. Looks like a lot of great recipes, ALL with photos! I like that.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Evil evil evil! I could start at the top and just work my way through it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Oh, dear Lord - this is a keeper site!! I looked at the first screen only - just the photos - got to the bottom - there are TONS of pages - thanks ever so much, Daphne - I need to gain a few pounds!!!
  Re: Re: Shoot me and get it over with! by (Oh, dear Lord - this...)
Good golly Miss Molly! WOW!!! What a site...

I'll have to go back and play.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Shoot me and get it over with! by firechef (Good golly Miss Moll...)
You do realize I may be looking at that site for the rest of my life. My Executive Sous and I were going over a bunch of ideas that I have seen in the first page of pictures for work. Heck we used some "unusable" pieces of salmon to make on dish on page one LAST NIGHT for our waitstaff!

Gotta go play some more! Thanks bunches Mom!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Shoot me and get it over with! by firechef (You do realize I may...)
I warned you!!!! It goes on and on and updates constantly! WOW!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Shoot me and get it over with! by Gourmet_Mom (I warned you!!!! It...)
I love it! Updates constantly???

The fact that the site takes you to other places for the recipes worries me a bit after that wack-job on the other thread...then again if they are "secure" then it could lead us to a whole new world of food and fun!?!
  Re: Re: Shoot me and get it over with! by firechef (I love it! Updates ...)
Yes, it updates constantly. I went back a few hours after posting it and 3 new recipes were on top....GEEZ!

I have visited a few sites and had no problems so far. The problem there is getting off on a tangent. This one gal had BUNCHES of Malaysian, Asian.... recipes and I lost track of what I was doing....YIKES!

I think it's a pretty secure site. I think you have to be a member to post your recipes. Most of these people are REAL foodies and into photographing their process and/or product. Cool huh?
Daphne