Sunday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What, is no one cooking anymore or is everyone traveling? LOL. I haven't seen a "what's for dinner" thread in a while.

We're having the Sausage Minestra Soup that's in Splendid Soup book and also it's in either a regular issue or another book because I know I've seen it in two places. I've made it before and it was really good but my husband just made the parmesan croutons to go with it and boy, are they good. There might not be any by the time the soup is ready.
  Re: Sunday Dinner? by Trixxee (What, is no one cook...)
The weather is cool, the days are short, so I did stew. Also baked a sweet potato for me lunches during the week. And I cooked off two chicken breasts for sandwiches. And I made some ratatouille, I have have it on chick peas for lunches. And I baked off a butternut squash. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. And I made a bread pudding with leftover pear muffins ( I had burnt the bottoms, so cut them off). It smells great. So, yes, we are cooking!!!!! ;smile:
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Lorraine (The weather is cool,...)
Wow Lorraine - you are ambitious - and everything sounds delicious. Speaking of ratatouille, my son has been begging me for three days to make some. Only because I finally bought the movie for him last week. (The only veggie he'll eat are carrots so I'm not in a rush to make this especially for him).
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Trixxee (Wow Lorraine - you a...)
After doing a brunch buffet for about 486 and off the menu breakfasts for another 30 or so I am making ground beef seasoned with Chef John Besh's creole seasoning blend, elbow macaroni, a nice bachamel with fontina and a can of peas drained added in as well as a can of drained mushrooms.

Sorry I have done over 30 hours in the last 48 and still have another 40 to go in the next three days before a couple of days off...so I cut corners and made my homemade "hamburger helper" kind of thing.

I know, BORING!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by firechef (After doing a brunch...)
Well, other than the canned peas, it sounds wonderful!

We're having a "pizza" Fatty (Italian sausage, provolone, tomatoes, basil, salami, turkey pepperoni, black olives, and shredded mozz.) and a big green salad with Vidalia onion vinaigrette.

Today was busy, got the salmon ready to smoke tomorrow, made the Fatty and got it on to smoke, smoked a nice chunk of Gouda (now if I can just remember what recipe that was for! ), ran a couple errands, and football!!!

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Harborwitch (Well, other than the...)
I'm using up stuff in the fridge and freezer. We had another Brown Derby Cobb Salad tonight, and I got my "butt" marinading for tomorrow's dinner. It's been a busy weekend...school and housework are "ruining" my cooking time...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm using up stuff i...)
Do like I do...skip the house work! Now as for the school work, you can't drop your morale and ethical responsibilities to the future of our world? I for one am counting on you to bring us a generation smarter and better read and more understanding than those that have gone before them...

If you buy that how about this really pretty bridge in San Francisco??? Give you quite the deal! To heck with the whiny [censored] nosed brats! COOK!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by firechef (Do like I do...skip ...)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
I can't believe that "boogers" was censored!!!

Hope you at least give us a generation that is brighter than that!?! So odd!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Harborwitch (Well, other than the...)
Would you mind telling us how you smoked the Gouda. I think I have the same (Walmart?) smoker you do and would love to do some. TIA
Shannon