Roast Beef and Watercress Involtini
  Re: (...)
When we visited Jean and Roy she made roast beef and couscous wraps from Celebrate The Rain, pg. 21--wonderful!! One of the highlites of the trip.
We got this from an Oct/03 Food & Wine--different twist.

1 1/2 T evoo
1 1/2 T fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 C small watercress sprigs
3/4 C shredded red cabbage
1/4 very thinly sliced red onion, or sweet onion
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
16 slices of rare roast beef from one lb of beef (Boars Head is good)
Pesto, for garnishing

1. In a medium bowl, whisk the oil with the lemon juice. Add watercress, cabbage and onion--season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
2. Lay each slice of roast beef on a flat surface and lay filling across short end and rollup--cut in half and trim as needed--repeat, dividing filler equally until all beef is used. Dot with pesto and serve. Can refrigerate before serving for about an hour.

We rolled a little different than the recipe and give our method here and really like thin sliced roast beef. You can cut into thirds if desired.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Roast Beef and Watercress Involtini by Old Bay (When we visited Jean...)
I just love roll ups! Thanks Bill! Copied and saved...although I'll have to sub something for the watercress...not available at either my local little grocer or the one in town.

BTW, when are you going to regal us with tales of your cruise? And pictures....please! LOL! I just noticed your new tag line...VERY cool!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Roast Beef and Watercress Involtini by Gourmet_Mom (I just love roll ups...)
Quote:

I just love roll ups! Thanks Bill! Copied and saved...although I'll have to sub something for the watercress...not available at either my local little grocer or the one in town.

BTW, when are you going to regal us with tales of your cruise? And pictures....please! LOL! I just noticed your new tag line...VERY cool!

CAH would't give me one so I adapted.
I always need help posting pictures so I'll report on the trip ASAP!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Roast Beef and Watercress Involtini by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Do you have photobucket, Bill? Also, Billy is so good at telling how to do the pictures, hopefully he'll see this thread.

These sound good - will try this next week - company coming to test goodies on.

I'm making the couscous from those roast beef rolls we had today for a bed for the last (darn ) pkg. of pork belly with hoisin sauce.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Roast Beef and Watercress Involtini by cjs (Do you have photobuc...)
Old Bay- that sounds like a beautful low carb lunch for myself!

And I'll have to go look at the Celebrate the Rain recipe since the book is on my kitchen counter!
  Re: Re: Roast Beef and Watercress Involtini by Trixxee (Old Bay- that sounds...)
They sound really good, thanks, Bill. I guess I'll have to put this book on my wish list.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Roast Beef and Watercress Involtini by Lorraine (They sound really go...)
Trixxee, I made three of the recipes from that book (boy, is it a keeper!!) while Bill, Jane & Billy J were here and they were all winners!

Crabmeat, Apple & Mango Salad on Cumin Apple Crisps
the Roast Beef & Couscous wraps
Baked Blueberry Pecan French Toast w/Blueberry Syrup (didn't make the blueberry syrup-but, it very similar to Lorraine's blueberry/maple syrup)

Everyone loved all of these.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Roast Beef and Watercress Involtini by cjs (Trixxee, I made thre...)
Another cookbook I HAVE to have! I swear he's gonna have a fit. I'll have to wait a few weeks, maybe a month. 4 new cookbooks (not counting When French Women Cook) in the last few weeks - slightly overkill! But hey, he's sitting a reading them too.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!