Monday's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Boy, is this going to be a cooking day. Some friends (Roy is redoing their countertops and making shelving for them) are going to be here tomorrow and Wednesday, so I'm trying to get some things made ahead of time.

What's a person who loves all things British called - an anglophile??? (can't remember) Anyway, our friend another Bill is one and he talks often of Cumberland Sausage he used to love while in England. I 'talked' to a gal in England and she gave me some hints how to make it, so I'm doing that today to surprise him. Now, I need to figure out how to serve it and with what.

The Morrocan couscous will be made to serve as a bed for my last little pkg. of pork belly with hoisin - oh, this is sooo good.

I have a lug of tomatoes 'ripening' up on a counter to can if they look right. Sausage & Squash soup and pizza dough for Cheesy pizza bread for one of the lunches; the 'deconstructed' apple pie, finally, for dessert and keeping with the apples, apple chedar bread pudding for breakfast.

Tonight, the two of us will have sticky ribs with Chinese flavors (oh so goopy) and probably grilled fries.

Whew, I'm planning on having a sour apple martini this afternoon!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner? by cjs (Boy, is this going t...)
I am working this afternoon, but am planning on making the salmon burgers from one of the grilling cookbooks. I have not decided on a side, not a fan of watermelon as they suggest. I am thinking grilled sweet potatoes.

Jean, I need a nap from just reading about your day, not to mention Lorraine's!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by chef_Tab (I am working this af...)
I'm thinking about an Italian Sausage with white beans and tomatoes recipe Hubby found and asked to me make.

I'm so tired today, though, and not sure if I'll have any energy left this evening to cook. Teenage daughter took two blows to her head during Saturday's game - she's the Keeper and they won - but she showed signs of a concussion on Saturday afternoon. After spending about 5 hours in the ER, she was diagnosed with a 'moderate concussion' and released. Then last night she was vomiting and I went to her apt to pick her up and bring her home at about 1AM. Then she kept vomiting (a warning from the Doctor to return if this happened) and she felt so lousy she wanted to go back to the ER. Well, at 3 AM we were released to come home and she seems the vomiting and nausea was from a flu bug and not her head injury.

I had to come to work today to get some things done and I'm really tired!!!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I'm thinking about a...)
Gosh HC what an awful nite. Having a sick kid is the worst worrisome thing for me. Even tho' they are grown and on their own it still gets to me. One of us should come over and make you dinner! I would, but it's a long way to IL from NY, so I'm sending big hugs <HUGS>
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by farnfam (Gosh HC what an awfu...)
ditto - wish we were much closer to come fix up a dinner for you - even grown and gone, man, it drives a person crazy when their kids are sick/hurt.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by cjs (ditto - wish we were...)
Leftover Goulash and a tossed salad. Love easy dinners on Mondays for some reason.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by Trixxee (Leftover Goulash and...)
Oh no, HC - I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. I hope she feels much, much better soon.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I'm thinking about a...)
So sorry that your girlie was hurt, HC, hoping and praying that she will be right as rain asap - take care of yourself as well ~ ~
  Re: Monday's Dinner? by cjs (Boy, is this going t...)
OMG, you are one busy chef, Jean - all sounds so good - we are having smoked country ribs with cheesy cornbread - I want to make creamed cabbage but have never made it - does anyone have a favorite recipe for this? I caught a glance of it on Iron Chef but didn't see what the chefs started with - ~ ~
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by (OMG, you are one bus...)
I don't have a recipe - but when I do creamed cabbage I make a basic white sauce using milk and white wine or sherry. I add nutmeg, salt, white pepper, and lots of parm. Gosh we haven't had that in a long long time.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!