Friday's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Had some sourdough getting a little hard, so made some garlic croutons and those that we haven't been nibbling on as we pass the darn bowl....need to be used in something. Searching MasterCook for "croutons" I ran across a recipe for Zucchini Jack Caserole that uses 1 cup of croutons - and of course the zucchini are still rollin' in, so this is what we're having for dinner tonight.

Not sure what else, maybe just a green salad with some of the croutons - but I do have to look at some dressings, I'm a little bored with my too-often used ones.....

What is everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Friday's Dinner? by cjs (Had some sourdough g...)
How about onion soup? Top it with croutons and Gruyere cheese.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by Old Bay (How about onion soup...)
would be good also!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by cjs (would be good also!...)
We are going down to Ames to my future BIL's girlfriend's place at Iowa State and I have been selected to cook of course...

I am doing half chickens with a rosemary compound butter for under the skin while roasting and doing a Dijon sauce for after roasting. I am doing a cheesy mashed potato recipe from Holly's grandfather's sister that is older than all of us combined I am told and I am doing sweet butter corn that came off the cobb a few months back and is waiting for me to cook it. Cooking for college kids means they'll want beer in place of a good bottle of wine and cheap nasty beer at that...dang kids these days!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by firechef (We are going down to...)
I have a piece of pork loin ready to stuff with a chorizo mix and a spice rub... another recipe Hubby found for me to make.
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I have a piece of po...)
It is either a tamale Fatty or a big ol' 7 bone roast. We're supposed to get a really good rain tonight so pot roast sounds really really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by firechef (We are going down to...)
Please share the chicken and mash potatoe recipe. Sounds great!
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by wheatleyp1 (Please share the chi...)
BBQ Chicken Pizza.
  Re: Friday's Dinner? by cjs (Had some sourdough g...)
lamb chops so far - not sure of sides yet -
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by (lamb chops so far -...)
It is one of those perfect days. Blue sky and 72 degrees. I think I will throw on some turkey brats and make grilled potato spears. Something easy to end the week.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!