PJ??
  Re: (...)
Man, are they keeping her busy this semester!! Has she even been able to get on the board since school started?? Time to relax, PJ - for just a little while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: PJ?? by cjs (Man, are they keepin...)
I'll second that! PJ, where are you?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: PJ?? by bjcotton (I'll second that! P...)
I was wondering about her yesterday, but didn't post this type message, because I didn't have time to make sure she hadn't been on and I'd just missed it.

YO! PJ! Quit lurking. I know your in here somewhere...Come out and play.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: PJ?? by Gourmet_Mom (I was wondering abou...)
I know she is REAL busy at work and mentioned being short staffed...joked about having me return to NH and cook with her. That was a couple of weeks ago however.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: PJ?? by firechef (I know she is REAL b...)
I'm still here, everyone, and thanks for asking! I haven't had any time, yes, too much work, some days too tired to type I've been trying to keep up with you all, though.

Long story short-our operation is a 4 person kitchen, Chef is mostly admin, 2 higher level cooks and me-believe it or not, I wasn't a Cook 1, I was a shift supervisor acting as Cook 1. The first cook leaves, then the second, whoa, we're down to my boss and me, so the University gave us a sous from the New England Center, and just hired another.

Okay, we're back to 4. However, in order to pay for these expensive chefs, something had to go. That would be me. Now they're down to a 3 person kitchen, my last day was yesterday.

I was offered another position, working in the newly renovated (Local! Fresh! Sustainable!) Dairy Bar, doing what I used to be doing, splitting my time between back and front. I think it will all work out, I've been missing customer service.

So, hopefully things will slow down, I start on Tuesday. No more fruit to cut for 1200, or cheese to cut for 800 or 2 hours of washing production dishes every day-

Once I settle in, I think all will be fine. It's been a scary month, though, at one point I thought I'd end up in Central Production, and that would have killed me.

So that's where I have been since the semester started, now I hope to wind down, relax and catch up with you all.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: PJ?? by pjcooks (I'm still here, ever...)
WOW! You have had a rough start to the school year! I figured it had to be something along those lines. I had no idea you guys got down to just the two of you. I don't know how you managed!

I'm glad things are going to slow down for you and hope you will enjoy your new position. We hope to see you more often around here now!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: PJ?? by pjcooks (I'm still here, ever...)
You're still in school--the economy is down so responsibilities change--wind down while you can--you will be ready for the challanges that are sure to be in your near future--carpe diem!!! Rest and be prepared!! Forget the ba--ards and don't let them get you down. Be well---
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: PJ?? by Old Bay (You're still in scho...)
I second that thought - don't let 'em get you down! See them through a crisis and then cut you loose....geez.
Good luck on the next venture! And you were missed around here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: PJ?? by cjs (I second that though...)
Pj, They won't know how toget along without you. You were the glue that kept that place held together. I hope you enjoy your new your job. I'm not sure I understand what you will be doing. Please share your new experiences! We missed you. Hope you will be able to play with us more often now!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: PJ?? by esgunn (Pj, They won't know...)
Gosh PJ, hope things return to normal for you when the smoke clears, we do miss you. Sounds like it got pretty hectic. Seems like you'll enjoy working at the Dairy Bar.
Hugs and good wishes coming your way.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life