This Ones For Old Bay!!
  Re: (...)
Ran across this one in an old stack of recipes from c2c years ago from an old friend and I thought you ought to have it also. (He made it for a fund raiser dinner)

* Exported from MasterCook *

OLD BAY WALNUTS - C2C/PAULIE

1/2 pound walnut halves
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seafood seasoning, ground
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Toss the walnuts, egg white, Old Bay Seasoning, brown sugar and kosher salt together in a bowl until the walnuts are completely coated.

Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Try to separate the walnuts so that they don't stick together.

Bake for 8 to 12 minutes until the walnuts have browned. Shake the baking sheet halfway to ensure they don't burn.

Remove from baking sheet and cool.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: This Ones For Old Bay!! by cjs (Ran across this one ...)
This sounds great, I am assuming they would be good on salads, if they last that long!? Or are they meant just for snacking?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: This Ones For Old Bay!! by chef_Tab (This sounds great, I...)
probably be good just about any which way.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: This Ones For Old Bay!! by cjs (Ran across this one ...)
We like to set nuts around for parties--this one looks really good!! The thing about nuts--you don't realize how many you eat--Old Bay is good on so many things. Virginia Diner sells an Old Bay seasoned Virginia peanut--quite good.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".