Dinner Monday Night?
  Re: (...)
I'm still working on the lamb we've had in the freezer and have a leg thawing out. Found a Tyler Florence recipe for Roast Leg of Lamb with Dark Beer, Honey and Thyme that looks good. Probably use l/os for hash or gyros (oh, haven't made pitas for a while)

Maybe some couscous or rice with it.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Monday Night? by cjs (I'm still working on...)
I get to roll out our updated fall/winter menu at work tonight. I do not know what the final menu looks like but since the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef are off it is all me and a couple of line cooks tonight. I've been off for four straight days due to schedule changes so I feel like I have had a mini-vacation complete with being sick and doing housework!

Holly has left over spaghetti for tonight...I'll be sampling the new stuff on the menu.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday Night? by firechef (I get to roll out ou...)
I think I'm going for a Fatty tonight. Can't make up my mind if it's going to be Italian or get stuffed with tamales. The lean is toward tamales though.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday Night? by Harborwitch (I think I'm going fo...)
Chicken Tortilla Soup. I've got some avocados that need eating!
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday Night? by Trixxee (Chicken Tortilla Sou...)
We are having the leftover Hungarian Goulash. Hopefully, I can remember to add the sour cream and vinegar this time! This CRS is so annoying!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday Night? by chef_Tab (We are having the le...)
We're going to Wilmington to take YD out for her 21st birthday! She is sooo excited about turning 21...LOL! Her actual birthday isn't until tomorrow, but that will be spent with friends. She would normally come home, but even though she has tonight and tomorrow night off, they have a store meeting. So we're taking her out.

She has grown up so fast. She is almost finished with her associates degree and will transfer for her last two years at UNCW this spring. She just made manager at Bath and Body Works and loves her job and coworkers. The raise and guaranteed hours will come in handy. We are so proud of her!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday Night? by Gourmet_Mom (We're going to Wilmi...)
I have a church meeting this evening, so we'll probably have leftover Green Chicken Chili....
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday Night? by Gourmet_Mom (We're going to Wilmi...)
Change of plans! Cream of Fennel Soup, Cannelloni (made with chicken & turkey), green salad. I am looking forward to this one!

Tomorrow night the Fatty!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday Night? by Harborwitch (Change of plans! Cr...)
Hey, Daphne have a wonderful celebration with YD! 21!!! remember those years? 1961...Haight Ashbury, Angela Davis, my afro, my God the times they were wonderful! and awful! (guess like - it was the best of times, it was the worst....)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Monday Night? by cjs (Hey, Daphne have a w...)
Quote:

Hey, Daphne have a wonderful celebration with YD! 21!!! remember those years? 1961...Haight Ashbury, Angela Davis, my afro, my God the times they were wonderful! and awful! (guess like - it was the best of times, it was the worst....)

Happy Birthday, daughter of Daphne!!

Rueben tonight, kind of chilly here so that was a good pick.

PJ
PJ