I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . . .
  Re: (...)
wonderful red wine.

We had to run into Beverages and More Saturday and decided that we needed to get some wine. Bob ran off to look for reds and I looked at whites. I immediately spotted a 2006 Trebbiano from Citra winery in Abruzzo Italy. Grabbed that. I started hunting for a Vihno Verde and a Cava.

Bob, meanwhile, grabbed a Malbec and a merlot. By that time I had my whites in hand and suggested that he try something different since we were planning on steak and mushroom soup for dinner.

We spotted a 2006 Montepulciano D'Abruzzo also from Citra vineyards. WOW! We opened the bottle Saturday night and we both just fell in love. We finished it last night and it was the same - love at first sip. Verdict is that we must go back and get some more, especially since it was not a real expensive wine (plus if you buy 6 bottles you get a dollar off each bottle!). Now for the absolute best part - no sinus problems and no nuclear meltdowns with this wine.

I think I'll suggest he stop at BevMo on his way home! If you have one close give this a try, it's perfect with steak and did pretty good with the mushroom soup too!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . . . by Harborwitch (wonderful red wine.[...)
Sounds wonderful! There's a BevMo about 5 minutes from here.

Now, what do you mean about no sinus problems and no nuclear meltdowns? Do certain wines affect you differently?
  Re: Re: I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . by Trixxee (Sounds wonderful! ...)
It seems that a lot of red wines just kick my thermostat into "weird" mode and I'll have hot flashes almost constantly the next day. I also get an "allergic" reaction to some that feels like my sinus' are going to explode.

This one didn't bother me at all!
  Re: Re: I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . by Harborwitch (It seems that a lot ...)
so noted - I can only order from BevMo - don't have a close one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . by cjs (so noted - I can onl...)
I think we'll try the Trebbiano tonight with the cannelloni and soup. If it's half as good as the Montepulciano we'll be in heaven!
  Re: Re: I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . by Harborwitch (I think we'll try th...)
I am living vicariously through you at the moment. No alcohol for 10 days because I am on antibiotics. Yesterday I came close to swishing beer in my mouth just to have a taste. I am sooo sad. A glass of wine would be fabulous. I feel like the little engine that could. "I think I can....." I have 5 more days to go. Have one for me Sharon!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . by chef_Tab (I am living vicariou...)
Will do! I had to go without for 15 days. I wanted a glass of wine sooooooo badly. Bob brought me home a bottle of that non-alcoholic wine. Going without was better - talk about plonk!
  Re: Re: I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . by chef_Tab (I am living vicariou...)
Quote:

I am living vicariously through you at the moment. No alcohol for 10 days because I am on antibiotics. Yesterday I came close to swishing beer in my mouth just to have a taste. I am sooo sad. A glass of wine would be fabulous. I feel like the little engine that could. "I think I can....." I have 5 more days to go. Have one for me Sharon!

May I also? Hang in there--have a nice pinot noir to celebrate when you're through!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Yes,Bill, in fact, I would hope everyone will jump on this opportunity.

Sharon, my hubby offered to get the non alcoholic beer for me. I agree, going without is better. Maybe if they come up with Guiness NA I'll give it a try!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: I've fallen in love . . . . . . with a . . . . by chef_Tab (Yes,Bill, in fact, I...)
That would be wonderful. St. Pauli Girl used to have a NA beer that was really good - but I haven't seen it in ages. Shoot!