ongoing index/cuban beans?
  Re: (...)
i've been a CAH subscriber for years. i made this cuban bean side earlier this year, and i can't find the recipe again. is there some master index on this site, or can someone point me to the issue?

thanks!
  Re: ongoing index/cuban beans? by andyknas (i've been a CAH subs...)
Hi, Andy... I'll try to help. I've got my C@H index for issues 1-66 and don't see anything listed as "cuban beans." I've made the black bean side from the Caribbean Pork Bowl - in Weeknights I book. It is:

1 T vegetable oil
1/2 c onion, sliced
2 cans red or black beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
1/2 c chicken broth

Saute onion in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beans and broth, and bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until hot. Add more broth if necessary.

I've made some other Cuban bean recipes with more seasonings, not from C@H books, tho. Hope this helps & welcome. Hope you decide to hang around.
  Re: Re: ongoing index/cuban beans? by HomeCulinarian (Hi, Andy... I'll try...)
Likewise, I couldn't find "Cuban Beans," but do remember the scrumptious Brazilian-Style Black Beans.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: ongoing index/cuban beans? by labradors (Likewise, I couldn't...)
I will bet it is the Brazilian Black Beans that went with the coconut pork chops. That was in the Feb. issue. One of the best meals I have made to date.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: ongoing index/cuban beans? by HomeCulinarian (Hi, Andy... I'll try...)
you're likely right on this, i'll have to find that book. there was something with bananas too??
  Re: Re: ongoing index/cuban beans? by andyknas (you're likely right ...)
I only see the pork shoulder cooked in banana leaves, nothing with bananas in that issue. I did however notice another black bean recipe in that issue called "ultimate black beans" and they are topped with queso fresco and jalapenos. I hope you found what you were looking for!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: ongoing index/cuban beans? by chef_Tab (I only see the pork ...)
Welcome Andyknas, I'm glad you could join us.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I can't add anything else, but welcome, andy!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: ongoing index/cuban beans? by pjcooks (I can't add anything...)
I don't have anything to add to the beans, but I do have a welcome!

Welcome Andy! Hope you'll join us often.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I'm not able to help you in your recipe search, but just wanted to toss this out as food for thought...

I have Mastercook 9.0 on my computer where I set up my own cookbook with my favorite recipes. After spending yet again too much time looking through stacks of magazines for a recipe I remembered that I wanted to try (and/or make again), one of the things I started doing as I reviewed new magazines was inputting the recipe name as a recipe. Instead of typing out the entire recipe, I simply put in the issue #, date and page and/or recipe number. I set up my own additional categories for each of the mags I subscribe to such as 'C@H to try', 'C&H favorites', etc. This allows me to not only categorize by dish or food type, but also by mag. When I get around to trying a recipe, if I decide it is a keeper, I simply change the category from 'to try' to 'favorite'. If I decide I don't like it due to personal taste, time involved to make, cost, etc., I simply delete the 'recipe'.

Granted, there is nothing like sitting down and thumbing through all the great dishes featured, but quite often I just don't have the time or patience for doing that when I decide to make something. Then again, it might have something to do with being a Virgo and somewhat anal, but I find this works better for me to find favored recipes than sitting down with annual indexes for multiple years/magazines.