Off To VA
  Re: (...)
My bag is packed, the cab is ordered, I'm ready to go. Flight leaves at 6:09am, so it will be a real early night. When he picks me up at the airport, we'll do a quick detour to Harris Teeter's for some food, and to Target for necessities. Don't have much time to shop, as he has catering at 5pm that will need prepping. Friday and Saturday there is in house and off site catering. I'll help with the off site catering, as it's at a winery, and the kitchen is apparently great! Hoping to get the boxes unpacked, put stuff in their place, and buying a kitchen table and chairs would be a good thing.

Take care folks. Behave yourselves, and have fun cooking.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Off To VA by Lorraine (My bag is packed, th...)
Safe travels, Lorraine! I hope you have a good visit and get LOTS done!

Try to have a little fun while you're there!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Off To VA by Gourmet_Mom (Safe travels, Lorrai...)
Bon Voyage, Lorraine. Have a safe, wonderful trip.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Off To VA by farnfam (Bon Voyage, Lorraine...)
Be safe Love! You two should have a joint adventure and both go to the doctor...what fun. You both know you need to see the doctor.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Have a safe and happy trip!!

PJ
PJ
Oh Lorraine, that's wonderful! Have a safe trip, and hopefully no delays! How long will you be gone this time?
Will you have any time for traveling and fun, or will it be mostly work? I'm sure you don't really care as long as you can be with your hubbie! We will want to hear all about the winery catering. Take some pics!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Off To VA by Mare749 (Oh Lorraine, that's ...)
Enjoy your trip...don't worry, I caught the "code words" from the "Canadian Citizen's Invasion Guide" in your post. The "secrets" are safe from me!

Hi Gil!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Off To VA by firechef (Enjoy your trip...do...)
"You both know you need to see the doctor." - why, is one pregnant?

Safe trip, Lorraine and you'll have that new apt. in ***** shape in no time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Off To VA by cjs ("You both know you n...)
Billy's pregnant??? Am I missing something here??? Oh...Gil's pregnant...no wait a minute...NEVER MIND I AM LOST!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Off To VA by firechef (Billy's pregnant??? ...)
Here's hoping no one is pregnant!!!! Maybe 30 years ago Got here safe and sound, as did my louggage, thanks to carry on. Took one load up to the winery today, what a great place. Then did 4 batches of crab cakes. Back at the Inn tomorrow at 9:00am, leave for the winery at 2. Got the kitchen almost sorted out, and the bathroom. Unwrapped all the pictures I had sent , including the ones of Jean and I in the kithcen in Windsor at a fundraising.
Hope to haqng them all on Monday, most of the walls are cement, Gill will have to help me with those. The weather is hot here, nothing like Toronto. Cheers!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.