Help!! Lost favor recipe!
  Re: (...)
Hey everyone!

This is my first post and I really need help.It is my 31st b-day this weekend and I have decided to make a big dinner for all my friends and family. SO I finally figured out what I want to make. It was in my first issue of CAH, the one I made every single dish from and fell in love with CAH. SO I go to my pantry where I have all my CAH stored and look and look and look. I can't find it. SO I go to the website to see if I can find the recipe there. I can't, so now I'm here to beg for help. I need the recipe for the 8 layered Lasagna in issue #43. if you know where to find it or can send me a copy of it, I would be so happy
  Re: Help!! Lost favor recipe! by dillahay5 (Hey everyone![br][br...)
Welcome dillahay! I don't have that issue. I am new to the mag and only have one of the older volumes. Sadly, it's Volume 7 which stops at Issue #42. Lucky for you, there are several members with a members plus access. One of them (or someone with that issue) will be along shortly with the recipe for you.

I hope you have a GREAT birthday! Hopefully, now that you have found us, you will come back to join the fun. We review recipes on here regularly. As a matter of fact, I go do a search and see if someone may have reviewed your requested recipe. If so, I'll post a link.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Help!! Lost favor recipe! by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome dillahay! I...)
Thank you for the welcome! Someone has reviewed it. that is actually how I found this website. Should I message one of them?
Thanks for your help. I will definatly come back. I have tried lots of their recipes and love them
Casey
I've made that recipe and loved it. I'm leaving for home now and will post it then, if someone else doesn't beat me to it...

And, Happy Birthday and welcome to the forum!
On the home page it only showed mag covers back so far, but then I noticed that they had a recipe archive. There I was able to access the issue # you mentioned and they did have a lasagna recipe available, though not sure if it is the correct one. Will go back and see if I can link it to this thread for you...
  Re: Re: Help!! Lost favor recipe! by HMin (On the home page it ...)
Okay, let's see if this works, this is the lasagna recipe featured in issue #43....
http://www.cuisineathome.com/main/recipe...asagna.php
  Re: Re: Help!! Lost favor recipe! by HMin (Okay, let's see if t...)
Thank you for your help, But I don't think this is it. the one I was looking for I thought was called 8 layered lasagna and it was made with a cheese called boursin (sp).
thanks,Casey
  Re: Re: Help!! Lost favor recipe! by dillahay5 (Thank you for your h...)
I hope this is it Casey, my dd is Casey too.
8 Layer Lasagna
For the Meat Sauce —
Brown:
1 1/2 lb. ground chuck
1 1/2 lb. ground mild Italian sausage

Add:
2 cups yellow onion, diced
2 T. garlic, minced
2 T. tomato paste
2 t. each dried basil, thyme, and oregano
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
1 bay leaf

Stir in; Simmer:
1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes in puree
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
3/4 cup beef broth or water
2 T. balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

For the Béchamel —
Saute in 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter:
1 cup yellow onion, diced
1/8 t. cayenne
Pinch nutmeg

Stir in:
1/3 cup all-purpose flour

Gradually Add:
3 cups whole milk
10 oz. Boursin cheese (or Alouette)
Salt to taste

Whisk in:
8 oz. frozen chopped spinach
1 egg, beaten

To Assemble —
Prepare:
1 lb. oven-ready lasagna sheets, parboiled
1 lb. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
6 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 400° with rack in the center.

Brown the meats in a large saute pan over medium-high heat; spoon off as much of the fat as possible.

Add onions, garlic, tomato paste, and seasonings. Saute until onion softens, about 8 minutes.

Stir in both types of tomatoes, broth, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Simmer over medium heat until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes; set aside.

Saute onion for the béchamel in melted butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, cayenne, and nutmeg; cook until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Stir often to prevent scorching.

Stir in flour to coat; cook 2 minutes.

Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add Boursin in small pieces and whisk until smooth; season with salt. Set aside 1 cup béchamel for the top of the lasagna. Cool remaining sauce for 10 minutes.

Whisk in frozen spinach and egg.

Prepare lasagna sheets; have both cheeses ready. Assemble lasagna, layering béchamel, pasta, béchamel, meat sauce, and then the cheese. Repeat until all pasta is used. Bake uncovered for 40 - 45 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden. Allow lasagna to rest 20 - 30 minutes before cutting and serving.

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Help!! Lost favor recipe! by farnfam (I hope this is it Ca...)
THAT"S IT!!! Thank you thank you thank you!
You have saved my B-day!
  Re: Re: Help!! Lost favor recipe! by farnfam (I hope this is it Ca...)
Well done--Empress For Life fits
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".