And I was taught not to play in the kitchen!
  Re: (...)
I don't watch this sort of show but found this interesting...

Chef DiSpirito sambas off 'Dancing with the Stars'

By DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment WriterTue Oct 14, 10:29 PM ET

Rocco DiSpirito won't be cooking up any more moves on "Dancing with the Stars."

The celebrity chef and his partner, Karina Smirnoff, were eliminated Tuesday from ABC's popular dancing competition. The pair received the judges' lowest score — 18 out of 30 — for their samba routine. Viewer votes and the judges' scores from last week and Monday were combined after injured contestant Misty May-Treanor dropped out of the competition.

"For my final request, I would love it if Bruno could show me how to make my hips move properly," DiSpirito said, prompting flamboyant judge Bruno Tonioli to accompany DiSpirito on the dance floor for a duel hip gyrating session.

Outspoken actress Cloris Leachman joined DiSpirito in the bottom two with the next-to-lowest combined score and votes, while model-actress Brooke Burke remained in the top spot. Her samba earned a 26 from the judges Monday, bringing her two-week total to 54. Burke and her partner, Derek Hough, have maintained first place all season.

Other celebrities in the competition include: singers Lance Bass and Toni Braxton; former NFL star Warren Sapp; Olympic gold medalist Maurice Greene; actor Cody Linley; and actress Susan Lucci. Reality TV star Kim Kardashian, actor Ted McGinley and comedian Jeffrey Ross were dismissed earlier.

-After reading this and learning about the show I am forced to wish we had an "Instant Graemlin" of a nauseated smiley face!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: And I was taught not to play in the kitchen! by firechef (I don't watch this s...)
I keep missing this show. I did watch the game, though

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: And I was taught not to play in the kitchen! by pjcooks (I keep missing this ...)
Chelsea got home today and was watching it when I went to bed. Wonder if she was cheering!
  Re: Re: And I was taught not to play in the kitchen! by iBcookin (Chelsea got home tod...)
PLEASE! when you post something about a "last nite" show - mention in the heading that the thread is a spoiler!!!!!!

We haven't seen last night's show yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: And I was taught not to play in the kitchen! by cjs (PLEASE! when you pos...)
I'm sorry Jean! As a non-watcher I didn't catch that it had not been seen by all across all of the time-zones yet!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: And I was taught not to play in the kitchen! by firechef (I'm sorry Jean! As ...)
no, we tape it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: And I was taught not to play in the kitchen! by cjs (no, we tape it....)
OOPS!

I love this show and have watched since it started. I wish I had the ability to tape it. Last night I had to duck out for a minute and missed Susan Lucci (sp?).
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: And I was taught not to play in the kitchen! by Gourmet_Mom (OOPS![br][br]I love ...)
I watch it every week. Too bad they didn't dismiss two couples, Dispirito and Leachman. They were the worst I've seen in a long time. Did you see the show the time Marley (the deaf woman, can't remember her last name) participated? I was VERY impressed with her abilities since she couldn't hear the music.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: And I was taught not to play in the kitchen! by bjcotton (I watch it every wee...)
Me too Billy! I was amazed every week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.