Well I did it...
  Re: (...)
Yep I went down to Los Angeles today and did an interview for The Next Foodnetwork Star. Hahaha! I have no idea if they'll call me for the second interview. Out of all the thousands of interviews they probably did and more in other states it's slim to none. But what a kick in the pants

The interview was about 10 minutes, some folks were only interviewed 2 min. I was timing them hehe. They asked 4 questions, seem to be the same 4 questions for everyone.

Does anyone remember H3ll's Kitchen and the guy name Aaron. He was asian and he was a big gentlemen? He cried the thru his entire time there till he passed out in the kitchen and left for medical reasons. Well he was there, his interview was 1 min 22 seconds. Seriously...dude...we all look at you as the guy who was a cry baby.

Fun day.
  Re: Well I did it... by DFen911 (Yep I went down to L...)
WHAT A HOOT! I can't wait to hear how this goes! Wouldn't it be cool to be able to back you on your journey! Keep us informed!

Even if it goes no further, what a cool thing to do!

You know, you have a BIG fan base cheering you on!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I'm so excited for you!! So happy!! I'm going to have incredable advice for you--I just need to think about it--I'll get back--OMG
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
How cool is that? Have you thought about what kind of show you'd like to have?

Way to go, girl, just interviewing takes a lot of courage!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Well I did it... by pjcooks (How cool is that?[im...)
Denise, how fun is that?! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. It would be even more fun to watch if I knew someone on the show. Hooray for Denise!!!!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Well I did it... by chef_Tab (Denise, how fun is t...)
That is great, Denise! Remember us "little people" when you hit the big time.

Seriously, I really do hope this goes well for you. It could be a fantastic opportunity. A lot of work, but a fantastic opportunity.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Well I did it... by labradors (That is great, Denis...)
That's really cool, Denise. It would give me a real reason to follow the show. Best of luck to you!

My son tried out for Hell's Kitchen in Chicago. He got one call back and was so excited. The next step was a screen test in California... But he never got that call. For that show anyway, he said they didn't ask him much about his cooking credentials - mostly personal stuff. We thought for that show they must have have a cast of characters they are trying to find because there is always a lot of personal drama.
  Re: Re: Well I did it... by HomeCulinarian (That's really cool, ...)
How exciting, Denise!!! OMG, I'm so proud of you. I know you'll be keeping us posted, can't wait to see how it goes.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Well I did it... by farnfam (How exciting, Denise...)
What a hoot!! Hey, someone has to be chosen, why not our Denise??? You let us know the minute you hear anything.

(spike your red hair and get a nose ring - you can be the 'far out' California entrant! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
cool beans, Denise!!!!!!!! I love that show -always sitting on the very edge of my chair - I surely hope and pray that you get that call back!!