Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm
  Re: (...)
I hate moving - and since house hunting is still going on I' going through and getting rid of stuff. Yesterday 3 years of Bon Appetite were tossed - after I pulled out recipes that I thought I'd fix.

Since the store down the road still has Fennel @ 50 cents a bulb I made this - and all either of us could say was WOW!

Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parmesan

8 servings

3 large fresh fennel bulbs, trimmed, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced. (about 9 cups)

4 1/2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
4 1/2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
3/4 c coarsely grated parmesan cheese
Fresh fennel fronds

Place the fennel slices in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice; toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mix in grated cheese. Let stand at room temp up to 1 hour, or refrigerate up to 3 hours, tossing occasionally. Plate and garnish with fennel fronds & serve.

Yum!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm by Harborwitch (I hate moving - and ...)
That really sounds good--I love fennel!! I have NEVER seen it that cheap!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm by Old Bay (That really sounds g...)
Neither have we! This one store has had it at that price for weeks - and we're just pigging out on it! Yummmmmmm.
  Re: Re: Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm by Harborwitch (Neither have we! Th...)
I love fennel also - sure will try this one! thanks Sharon.

I had to get rid of most of my old B.A.s (plus other old mag.) also when we came up here, Sharon - it's so hard to do.

That was about the time Bill had asked for the Windows on the World crabcakes....thank heavens I hadn't thrown that one away.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm by cjs (I love fennel also -...)
It really breaks my heart to toss them - but geeze - I have got to get organized! Of course I had to make a separate pile of all the things I have to make before we move.
  Re: Re: Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm by Harborwitch (It really breaks my ...)
I hear you on feeling bad about tossing your Bon's. I've made myself do it probably three times over the last 10 years because I just don't have the space. I felt tremendously guilty!
  Re: Re: Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm by Trixxee (I hear you on feelin...)
Oh, and the fennel salad sounds great and healthy.
  Re: Re: Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm by Trixxee (Oh, and the fennel s...)
I think the new and improved grocery store in town, with the new and improved produce section, has fennel now. I have got to remember to get some to try.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm by Gourmet_Mom (I think the new and ...)
Man, I lost track of this Fennel salad recipe - maybe some others have not see it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fresh Fennel Salad with Lemon & Parm by cjs (Man, I lost track of...)
Gads! Fennel here is about 4.00 a bulb!!! Geeze. That salad was so good - I sure hope the price goes down this summer, or that we can plant enough to binge.