Searching for Cheesecake Muffin Recipe
  Re: (...)
I have buttermilk to use up and was searching for recipes and found a few posts mentioning Jean's cheesecake muffins, but cannot find the recipe for them. Maybe I am doing something wrong? If anyone has this recipe, could you please, pretty please, post it again? Thanks!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Searching for Cheesecake Muffin Recipe by chef_Tab (I have buttermilk to...)
Theresa, I did a search back six years and searched MC9 and I don't have it. Sorry...I guess you'll have to wait for Jean on this one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Searching for Cheesecake Muffin Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Theresa, I did a sea...)
Found it!! It's a recipe from Dollop - I brought the thread up to the top - "Buttermilk recipes"

Thanks for the reminder, Tab!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Searching for Cheesecake Muffin Recipe by cjs (Found it!! It's a re...)
Here's something else for that buttermilk. It's a recipe I have used a lot, but not since moving here, so I'm not sure if some of the ingredients mentioned are still available. If they are, give this recipe a try. These are wonderful bran muffins that are always beautifully moist and smooth, and never dry or gritty.

Quote:

Bran Muffins the Frugal Way
(Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American, P 307 in the paperback edition)
Makes 6 dozen muffins

This is a great recipe because it is delicious, healthy, and there is no waste. None. You can keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks! That means you can get up in the morning and while you are getting cleaned up you can be baking a batch of muffins for breakfast. Takes no time at all! This recipe makes 6 dozen muffins, so you will be set for a while.

Ingredients:
  • 5 teaspoons Baking soda
  • 1 cup Butter
  • 2 cups Sugar
  • 4 Eggs
  • 4 cups All-Bran
  • 2 cups 40 Percent bran flakes
  • 5 cups All-purpose flour
  • 1 quart Buttermilk
Instructions:
  1. Dissolve the baking soda in 2 cups boiling water (microwave). Set aside to cool.
  2. With your electric mixer cream the butter and the sugar and beat in the eggs. Remove bowl from machine and stir in, by hand, the remaining ingredients. Finally, stir in the soda water.
  3. Keep the batter covered in the refrigerator for weeks. Bake in muffin pans in a 375F oven for 30 minutes.
You will love these!

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Searching for Cheesecake Muffin Recipe by labradors (Here's something els...)
Thanks so much everyone! I addressed the muffins on that other thread. I am a dork.
Labs, thanks for the bran muffin recipe. It is just the sort of thing we like to eat for breakfast. High fiber, low fat. In our dream world we like bacon, sausage, and fried potatoes, but I am trying to keep the mister alive longer than me! Selfish, I know.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!