Just introducing myself...
  Re: (...)
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. My father is Old Bay/Bill. He's been telling me about the forum and reading me posts for a while now. After Mom and Dad told me how much fun they had visiting Jean and Roy in Washington, I had to join in. I've been working in the cheeseshop of a specialty grocery store in Austin for about 4 years now, so if you have any cheese questions I'm your girl!

Allison
"Each sort of cheese reveals a pasture of a different green, under a different sky." Italo Calvino
  Re: Just introducing myself... by cheesemonger (I just wanted to say...)
Welcome Allison! It's great to see another member of the "family" here. Bob and I are so looking forward to meeting your folks one of these days!

It's going to be great to have a cheese expert here! We love cheese!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Just introducing myself... by Harborwitch (Welcome Allison! It...)
Welcome Allison! Like Sharon said, it's nice to add to the family and one with a cheese specialty at that!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Just introducing myself... by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome Allison! Li...)
Welcome, Allison! That sounds like a dream job to me! I'm sure you'll get lots of questions here, noone's shy on this board about asking questions!

Have fun.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Just introducing myself... by pjcooks (Welcome, Allison! T...)
Allison, how great to meet you! You have to be wonderful with the parents you have! You have no idea how excited I'd be to have one of my kids have the job you have (madmax, ahem )

Hope you'll stop by often and you bet we'll keep you busy with cheese questions!

My first question for you is - I love to use and/or serve goat cheese either in something or as part of a cheese platter or dessert. In your opinion, what brand of goat cheese do you think is best - especially served on its own (but with other cheeses)?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Just introducing myself... by cjs (Allison, how great t...)
Hi Allison and welcome! You are going to have a great time on this forum. Hope you come back often to visit and share your knowledge of what is probably my most favorite food. I'm sure we are all going to have plenty of questions for you.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Just introducing myself... by pjcooks (Welcome, Allison! T...)
Welcome, Younger Bay. Enjoy your stay!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Just introducing myself... by labradors (Welcome, Younger Bay...)

Hi Allison

Welcome to the forum - would love to have a job in a cheese shop -
Enjoy your stay - we all love cheese.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Just introducing myself... by mjkcooking ([br]Hi Allison[br][b...)
Hey there Allison, welcome!
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Just introducing myself... by mjkcooking ([br]Hi Allison[br][b...)
Quote:

Welcome to the forum - would love to have a job in a cheese shop

Hmmm... flashbacks of Monty Python's Flying Circus.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?