Has anyone made anything from the holiday cookie
  Re: (...)
I just received this and wanted some feedback on any recipes anyone has tried.
  Re: Has anyone made anything from the holiday cookie by Emmasmum (I just received this...)
Sorry Emmasmum, I'm not much of a baker, tho' I like cookies. I haven't got this book. Looks like plenty of people are viewing your request, I guess the cookie bakers haven't signed in yet. Hope someone comes along to help you out. Just didn't want you feel ignored
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Has anyone made anything from the holiday cookie by farnfam (Sorry Emmasmum, I'm ...)
I have it, but I don't think I've even opened it - well, that's not true. There was some conversation about some of the recipes and I added the notes to the recipes. But have not made anything.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Has anyone made anything from the holiday cookie by cjs (I have it, but I don...)
I just got my copy and have made two recipes so far. The Apple Pie Bars are fantastic. Definitely a keeper. I tried the Oatmeal Turtle Bars and they are very good, but I think the recipe is a bit confusing. It calls for 1 cup store bought caramels (40 caramels). I didn't pay much attention to the measurement and just used the 40 caramels. Well, that was way too much caramel. The cookies are still good, but they're so rich and sweet. I made a note to next time only use 20 caramels. The recipe is definitely an excellent recipe, just a little too sweet for my taste (and I have a serious sweet tooth!). Enjoy the book, it looks like it has a lot of great recipes.
  Re: Re: Has anyone made anything from the holiday cookie by ryansnurse (I just got my copy a...)
I take the easy way and use caramel ice cream topping mixed with a tablespoon of flour instead of the caramels.