Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to?

I took 3 or 4 pkgs. of meat out of the freezer yesterday, so I guess it'll depend on what is thawed first. Probably try another meatloaf...or a new pork belly recipe (I'll get it to you Billy!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
Well, you just gave me my inspiration! I think I'll try the meatloaf muffin recipe that's floating around here somewhere. I know it's in one of my books. Maybe baked sweet potatoes and a green salad with it.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner? by Trixxee (Well, you just gave ...)
Trixxee, I have made the meatloaf muffin recipe several times now, and after the first time, I have left that mustard/ketchup topping off. IMO, it doesn't add anything but empty calories. But if your family likes things sweeter, you may want to add it. I also make mine in the large muffin tins.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner? by chef_Tab (Trixxee, I have made...)
I'm planning to test my recipes tonight for the Book Club dinner a week from tonight. Made a wild mushroom Madeira soup last night to go with a pork loin roast with fennel & garlic rub, roasted potatoes, onion and fresh fennel bulb, and creamed spinach. Have the roast brining this morning and will go home over lunch hour put the rub on it. The mushroom soup was very good - want to make sure it all goes together!
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner? by chef_Tab (Trixxee, I have made...)
Thanks Theresa. Since I'm 10 days away from my vacation, empty calories are not needed. I like the leftover idea they mention though - hoagie rolls & provolone. I think you've mentioned that idea here before. Good - now I've got dinner for tomorrow too!
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner? by Trixxee (Thanks Theresa. Sin...)
I'm doing chicken breasts stuffed with ham and the emmenthaler and gruyere cheeses left over from last weekend's onion soup gratinee.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner? by BarbaraS (I'm doing chicken br...)
Looks like another Pasta Fajiole nite. This time with rotini, zukes and kidney beans. When hubby switches shifts it's hard to do an evening style meal. This will be quick and nutritious. I hate to fuss when he has to eat on the fly
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I'm planning to test...)
That sounds like a wonderful Fall dinner - makes me hungry - Mister is making pot roast so far -
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner? by (That sounds like a w...)
Holly has the flu, Kambree still isn't anywhere near 100% and now I am starting to feel icky as well so I am thinking we will have something soft light and EASY! I am off today and was in hopes of cooking something nice but that may have to wait...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 10/22 Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I'm planning to test...)
Quote:

I'm planning to test my recipes tonight for the Book Club dinner a week from tonight. Made a wild mushroom Madeira soup last night to go with a pork loin roast with fennel & garlic rub, roasted potatoes, onion and fresh fennel bulb, and creamed spinach. Have the roast brining this morning and will go home over lunch hour put the rub on it. The mushroom soup was very good - want to make sure it all goes together!

Wow, HC, that sounds good! Can I join your book club? A hell of a commute, though...

LJ, sorry you're all feeling so bad. When my kids were small and sick (3 at a time, it always happened), all they wanted was chicken noodle soup (Campbells, of course) and toast and ginger ale. Feel better soon.

PJ
PJ