Monday's Dinner 10/27?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone tonight?

We're having the other half of the Hong Shao Rou and those wonderful garlic noodles. Even tho I only have a little of the pork left I'm doing an entire lb. of the noodles so I can have some leftovers to play with. I'm thinking they would be awfully good in a hot/sour soup or just a strong broth or something. Man, they are tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm planning on trying the Eggplant Parmesan with creamy marinara on tagliatelle - except I couldn't find the tagliatelle - so fettuccine will have to do. This is from the Pasta book.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? by HomeCulinarian (I'm planning on tryi...)
We are having Asian Chicken & Water Chestnut Patties. I will either pick up some bok choy to saute or do a quick veggie stir fry with my leftover veggies from the Ratatouille. That would be the most practical.

I also have some spinach to use up. I've never added it to a stir fry. I wonder how that would work out?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? by Trixxee (We are having Asian ...)
Cider braised pork chops from Cooks Country for the boys, chicken pie for Picky. I think I'll make some shrimp and crab cakes, too, considering I have some extra to use up. The pork chops look good, they use apple butter, cider and cider vinegar. And I can start them now and let them cook in the Dutch oven for a while so I can run errends this afternoon.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? by pjcooks (Cider braised pork c...)
I'm experimenting with soups. Last night was potato, leek and celery soup with chicken.

Tonight is roasted tomato with red pepper soup with pasta.

Both served with a wonderdul roasted garlic bread
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? by DFen911 (I'm experimenting wi...)
Hmmm, I just came across a recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with a Lemon Mustard Butter sauce. I don't think that will go too well with the patties.

Maybe I'll just have to make it for my lunch. (With a piece of salmon).
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? by Trixxee (Hmmm, I just came a...)
"they use apple butter, cider and cider vinegar." - PJ, that sounds good!

"roasted tomato with red pepper soup" - it it's a winner, Denise, how 'bout posting the recipe? I can never have too many of those kinds of soups.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? by cjs ("they use apple butt...)
Jean I will post that as soon as I get home
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? by cjs ("they use apple butt...)
I agree with you on that soup, Jean - I would like the recipe as well since I put up tomatoes and peppers from the garden - oh, we are having beef stroganoff with a salad
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner 10/27? by (I agree with you on ...)
Beef Stroganoff sounds great. But, I've come down with a chest /sinus cold and have no taste buds. Neo Citran is sounding good.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.