Two great Appetizers
  Re: (...)
I was in Winnipeg Manitoba last weekend, and we stopped off for a bite to eat at a restaurant called Moxie's. We were on our way to an art opening, so had limited time, and only ordered 2 apps. I wrote down the description off the menu, but not the name. If the apps were any indication of the main courses , I sure wish we would have had more time. The ambiance was great, the wait staff even better. And, they were offering $7.00 off any bottle of wine. Here were the two apps we had:

Sushi grade Ahi Tuna in a sesame dijon crust, presented on a ginger shitake salad with crispy wontons and lemon aioli. $9.99 for 6 of them The tuna was done to perfection.

Mosaic Dip

This was done in a gratin dish, so think of layers.

a base of fresh tomatoes, garlic and sweet red onions topped with a layer of creamy diced mushrooms and finished with a seasoned Quebec goat cheese, served with
naan bread.

I sure hope I get a chance to try to replicate them some time.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Two great Appetizers by Lorraine (I was in Winnipeg Ma...)
Those appetizers sound very tasty, Lorraine. Hope you will be successful making them yourself. Be sure to post your results.

I noticed that Moxie's is a chain with several locations in Canada. We also have one here on Cleveland's east side. (Beachwood) I wonder if it's the same restaurant?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Two great Appetizers by Mare749 (Those appetizers sou...)
Quote:

I noticed that Moxie's is a chain with several locations in Canada. We also have one here on Cleveland's east side. (Beachwood) I wonder if it's the same restaurant?

Doesn't look like it: Beachwood vs. Canada. Even the names are different. The former: "Moxie: The Restaurant"; the latter: "Moxie's Classic Grill."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Two great Appetizers by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
oh my, they both do sound good.

The wontons - were they a good size for scoopers or strips as garnish? 'ginger shitake salad' - hmmmm, something to play with, I sure hope you do.

The mosaic dip - hurry up and play, Lorraine!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two great Appetizers by cjs (oh my, they both do ...)
The salad sat on the wonton, and was topped by the tuna, then the aioli. It was a two bite appetizer, well, I did manage to stick some in whole.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.