Wednesday Dinner - 10/29?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone doin?

I froze some of the mozzarella I made last week, so I'm doing pizza tonight with it - hope it works! and a fruit platter with "Billy's" port reduction.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/29? by cjs (What's everyone doin...)
I'm thinking about thawing out a "hunk o' piggy" and make a nice smokey ham and bean soup! That just sounds really really yummy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/29? by Harborwitch (I'm thinking about t...)
I'm not sure yet. Have had a request for spaghetti and meatball, which would go perfect today. Or soup sounds great with homemade bread. I might have to go to foodgawker to get decided.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/29? by farnfam (I'm not sure yet. H...)
I'm trying to use up what we've got around here before we leave on vacation so tonight it's (now don't laugh)...... ham steak, fried eggs, english mufffins and tater tots.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/29? by Trixxee (I'm trying to use up...)
I found some decent Merlot on sale so I'll be making the reduction with it.

That's not mine Jean dear, but thanks for saying it is.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/29? by bjcotton (I found some decent ...)
OOPS! There's two of these...LOL!

After last nights dinner, I'm going low key with Mushroom Pork Marsala with Buttery Noodles and Peas. I'm also making the butternut squash recipe Jean posted a few days ago.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/29? by Gourmet_Mom (OOPS! There's two o...)
Mushroom Pork Marsala, what issue is that, Daph?
Spaghetti and meatballs by request tonite, but I have some pork chops that I must use tomorrow.
Tonite's meatballs are the Oven Baked Sicillian from the Ultimate Italian book. I cheated and tasted some, ever good!!!!
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/29? by farnfam (Mushroom Pork Marsal...)
I don't know what came over me, but I have just been dieing for hot dogs and baked beans. I don't even remember the last time I had a hot dog. Crazy as it sounds, that is what I am making tonight.

I must admit, the spaghetti and meatballs do sound tempting.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/29? by chef_Tab (I don't know what ca...)
How funny - we were craving hot dogs a couple of days ago and the sun was shining so grilled them and some fries also on the grill. Hmmmmm, good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/29? by chef_Tab (I don't know what ca...)
Cis, it's in Weeknight Menus and we LOVE it. I make it often. If you don't have that "book", let me know. I've got the recipe open on MC9 and can post it in a flash!

I can't wait to hear about those meatballs. I've got that one marked to make. Since I planned lasagna twice this week, it's on hold.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.