HELP! Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe Question
  Re: (...)
I just found out the employee (who eats a lot) will be here for dinner tonight, and I need to double the recipe. I only bought ingredients for 6, but I have enough of everything to double it except for the tomatoes with green chilies. I do have some Italian tomatoes leftover in the fridge. Okay to use? Should I add a little roasted jalapeno from the freezer?

Thanks in advance!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: HELP! Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe Question by Gourmet_Mom (I just found out the...)
OMG! I just realized my recipe may be incorrect! I can wing this, but would LOVE it if someone would come in and help!

The recipe I copied from a post calls for "1 1/2 cups garlic -- minced"...that just looks WRONG. Then in the directions is says, "Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high; add onions and garlic, and saute 3 minutes." There's NO onion in my ingredients. I'm thinking the 1 1/2 cups is the onion and there is just a clove or two of garlic...right?

BTW, this is from Cuisine at Home, December 2005, Issue 54, p. 36 which I don't have....This will be remedy soon!
Daphne
  Re: Re: HELP! Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe Question by Gourmet_Mom (OMG! I just realize...)
1 and 1/2 c onion, Daphne, and 2 T garlic.

Hope it's good!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: HELP! Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe Question by pjcooks (1 and 1/2 c onion, D...)
Thanks PJ, I kinda figured, so I went with it. My hunter/builders were going to be home soon and I needed to go with it. I'm glad I was right. Since I had to use plain tomatoes to double it, I added a frozen roasted pepper. I'm not sure what kind it is, I hope it isn't too hot...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: HELP! Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe Question by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks PJ, I kinda f...)
Quote:

I added a frozen roasted pepper. I'm not sure what kind it is, I hope it isn't too hot...LOL!

That's what makes great cooks, Daphne. Not quite sure what it is?-add it anyways, let's see what happens!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: HELP! Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe Question by pjcooks (1 and 1/2 c onion, D...)
Quote:

1 and 1/2 c onion, Daphne, and 2 T garlic.

Still, you have to admit that 1 1/2 cups of garlic does sound wonderful!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: HELP! Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe Question by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Doesn't it though...LOL!

OMG! This was SO good! Now I know what everybody was raving about! This is another 10 at my house. EVERYBODY LOVED IT! The employee wants the recipe and William wants it served at the club for lunch...SOON! He kept saying, "The best part is that the flavors are so different...that's what makes it so good."

The pepper I used was a spicy one. I threw it in frozen....seeds and all, LOL! It was long, skinny, and green. William thinks it was a green cayenne. But it wasn't too hot...even for me and I'm a wimp!

Another great winter soup do over at my house. My arsenal is really coming together.
Daphne
  Re: Re: HELP! Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe Question by Gourmet_Mom (Doesn't it though......)
We loved that soup also, Daphne-just looked at the recipe, and it's been 2 years (almost - 12/19/07) since I made it. Guess it's time.

1 1/2 cups garlic - that's funny, but does sound good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com