Roy's B'day Dinner & Everyone Else's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
M'Lord has spoken....
Pepper crusted filets with a Roquefort Chive sauce
Sauteed assorted mushrooms
Cornmeal-Fried Onion Rings

'06 Camaraderie Tempranillo

Creme Brulee

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Roy's B'day Dinner & Everyone Else's Dinner? by cjs (M'Lord has spoken......)
I'm driving up to eat with you
  Re: Roy's B'day Dinner & Everyone Else's Dinner? by cjs (M'Lord has spoken......)
Mmmm Creme Brulee Happy Birthday Roy, you lucky dog!
We found some frozen lobster tails at a local butcher shop and some bay scallops. So, it looks like seafood diablo tonite. Any ideas for a dessert using leftover Halloween candy???? I've got Reese's pieces, cups and stix. Mousse, pie???
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Roy's B'day Dinner & Everyone Else's Dinner? by farnfam (Mmmm Creme Brulee [i...)
Here you go, Cis - you might as well be a decadent as we're going to be!!

Sorry, I deleted a recipe I posted - I think some of the instructions are missing - now I'll have to go find the original.... I'm curious.

- - - - - -

So, how about this one instead???

* Exported from MasterCook *

PEDRO'S SNICKERS CHIMICHANGA

7 2.0 oz. ea Snickers Candy bars
4 12" burrito-size flour tortillas
2 Tbsp butter, melted
Vanilla ice cream
whipping cream, chocolate sauce & maraschino cherries

Cut 6 snickers bars crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Arrange 6 pcs. in the center of each tortilla; fold up burrito style - seal ends with a toothpick.

Transfer to a cookie sheet, brush all sides of each burrito with melted butter; cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 400°, remove plastic wrap and bake 'burritos' till golden brown and crisp, approx. 20 min.
Chop remaining snickers bar, serve with ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, cherries and the chopped candy bar.

So simple - so good warm out of the oven!

Description:
"These are very good and very inexpensive and they actually look like you've made something special."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Roy's B'day Dinner & Everyone Else's Dinner? by DFen911 (I'm driving up to ea...)
What Denise said, I'll be on the next flight

PJ
PJ
Oh, that sounds yummy - especially the chive sauce - Roy is one lucky dude!!! Happy Birthday to Him!! - We put together beef stew this morning so it could "marry" all day - we made the garden into a hot house today so we wanted to do something that would not take all hands preparing late in the day - now we can have some Bombay martinis and not worry about dinner (well, worry about making it) - Enjoy your special dinner!!!
Give Roy a birthday hug for Bob and I!!! Happy Birthday Roy!

Gee instead of "wasting" our day shopping we could have headed north and been there . . . well maybe not. Dinner sounds wonderful!

I am thinking a shrimp soup from C@H but gotta find the recipe. I got the lemongrass for it.

Also got the pork belly and stuff to do your pork belly tomorrow! Yum.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Happy Birthday Roy! What a wonderful dinner you will have made for you!

We are having marinated Chuck Eye Steak, mushrooms and roasted brussel sprouts.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Roy's B'day Dinner & Everyone Else's Dinner? by esgunn (Happy Birthday Roy! ...)
Happy Birthday, Roy!
Quote:

PEDRO'S SNICKERS CHIMICHANGA

Oh my! I still haven't made these...I'm scared...LOL! What happened to the creme brulee?

I was supposed to have the Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna tonight, but I find I don't have enough parm. Does it REALLY call for 2 1/4 cups? Since my last recipe had a BIG mistake, I figured I'd ask. I'll probably pick up some more when in town tomorrow (the local place only carries the "green stuff").

So instead, I picked up some rib eyes and baking potatoes at the store. I'm getting ready to go pop the 'taters in now and prep the salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Roy's B'day Dinner & Everyone Else's Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Happy Birthday, Roy!...)
Yes, but that makes a lot of lasagna. You could probably half the recipe.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.