cuisinart food processor
  Re: (...)
I am going to put a food processor on my wish list. I am debating between the 7 cup and 11 cup size. Most of the time, I am cooking for 2, occasionally 6. Anyone have any recommendations or advice?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: cuisinart food processor by chef_Tab (I am going to put a ...)
I have the 7 cup (really old) and if I had to replace it I don't know whether I'd bother going to the bigger one. This one has seen me through catering jobs and home use just fine. Interested to hear what others have to say tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: cuisinart food processor by cjs (I have the 7 cup (re...)
I got the 14 cup a couple Christmases ago and wouldn't trade it for anything. Even if I had not doubled the Turkey Tortilla Soup the other day, I would still have had to puree in two batches. When I do stuff like that I like to double it to freeze when I can. When making marinara, etc, that needs to be pureed, I definitely make enough to freeze. Then there are the times when there are more than just the three of us. Finally, a large machine can handle small amounts easily, while a smaller one can not handle larger ones without a hassle.

I don't see cleaning a smaller one being any easier than the big one. I have the space, so that's was not a problem....it sits next to my KA mixer on my counter.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: cuisinart food processor by Gourmet_Mom (I got the 14 cup a c...)
Gotta agree with Daphne on this one! I've got an ancient 7 cup and I'm debating on replacing the workbowl and lid (pretty pricey) or just going for the 14 cup model on Ebay. I really wish I had the big one - for all the same reasons.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: cuisinart food processor by Harborwitch (Gotta agree with Dap...)
I think I would use it mostly for shredding and making salsa and hummus. I use my immersion blender for sauces and soups. Knowing this, would you still opt for the larger one Sharon and Daphne?
Theresa

Re: Re: cuisinart food processor by Harborwitch (Gotta agree with Dap...)
Theresa,

A couple years ago the hubby got me a KitchenAid 12 cup food processor. At first, I was totally overwhelmed by the thing, but it has since grown on me. I call it "Bubba". (apologies to all the "Bubbas" on this board)

It comes with lots of toys and was selected by America's Test Kitchen as best processor for the money. I've signed up on ATK (sorry C@H, didn't know about this site before I did that a year ago) for recipes and product surveys.

It's big, but not too big, and you won't regret it.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: cuisinart food processor by BarbaraS (Theresa,[br][br]A co...)
I am very tempted. Macy's has the 11 cup model on sale for $120 plus there is an additional 10% off coupon. Even Costco and Sam's can't touch that price. My biggest fear is taking up counter space. I think it would be too heavy for me to store the base. I guess I should just go look at it.
Theresa

Re: Re: cuisinart food processor by chef_Tab (I am very tempted. M...)
I got the 11 cup 12 years ago, and it has been fantastic. Love it. I do not store on the counter - I don't use it all the time - but when I do, it saves the day.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: cuisinart food processor by chef_Tab (I think I would use ...)
I would still opt for the bigger one! Just MHO but bigger is better!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: cuisinart food processor by BarbaraS (Theresa,[br][br]A co...)
It's up to you Theresa, but I still say if you've got the money and the space, I'd go with the larger one. I even mixed up some pizza dough with it the other day, which I couldn't have done in a smaller one. I use mine a LOT. As far as immersion blenders go, I've not had any luck. I wear one out in less than a years time. After three, I went with the food processor for all pureeing (sp?), blending, shredding, and chopping...I haven't regretted it.

BTW, I've never had a smaller one, so I couldn't really compare, so someone with both may be able to answer your question better. I think Erin or Denise have both, maybe they could help you make a decision better than I could.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.