Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
  Re: (...)
I will give credit where it's due - I found these on FoodGawker and OMG!!!!! Use the best chocolate chips you can get your hands on - these are so worth it!!! I've included my modifications to the original recipe.

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Erin Cooks

1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup oatmeal (not quick-cooking)
2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
2 bananas, cut into 1/4 to 1/3 inch pieces
Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line or grease your baking sheet(s).

2. In a small bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon together and set aside.

3. In a large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smoothly blended, about 1 minute.

4. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until blended, about 1 minute.

5. On low speed, add the flour mixture, mixing just until it is incorporated. Mix in the oatmeal, half of the banana slices, then the chocolate chips, and then the rest of the bananas until evenly distributed and some of the pieces are mashed but most are still visible, about 20 seconds.

6. Use a cookie scoop to measure them out onto the prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if you like.

7. Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the edges are lightly browned and the tops look dry, about 13 minutes. These cookies are so good that you'll have a hard time not stuffing them in your face still hot - they are to die for!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! by Harborwitch (I will give credit w...)
I am saving this recipe cuz there is no way I am making them until the kids are home. I have no will power.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! by chef_Tab (I am saving this rec...)
They do sound dangerous to have around.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! by Harborwitch (I will give credit w...)
These look incredible. I'll use milk choc chips... Thanks so much for posting (DH loves all things banana/chocolate)!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! by foodfiend (These look incredibl...)
Anyone remember chocolate covered bananas?? We used to get them at Santa Cruz (at the beach) California.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! by cjs (Anyone remember choc...)
Quote:

Anyone remember chocolate covered bananas?? We used to get them at Santa Cruz (at the beach) California.

They are popular down here as Chocobananos.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! by foodfiend (These look incredibl...)
They sounds fabulous ! I'm thinking they are probably not diabetic friendly????
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! by Lorraine (They sounds fabulous...)
I'm betting you could make them with Splenda baking sugar, are bananas off limits??? Oatmeal should be good, and we used semi-sweet chips. In thinking about them - they are awfully sweet so perhaps that could be reduced?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!