Kicking off the week???
  Re: (...)
Anyone eating anything tonight???

We are doing a carbonara pasta with shrimp and scallops...I am thinking linguine for the pasta.

Maybe an apricot liquor filled chocolate torte for dessert...Holly will be in town for quite some time so it will be a late dinner tonight.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Kicking off the week??? by firechef (Anyone eating anythi...)
Traditional pizzas and Roasted Tomato Basil Soup W/Goat Cheese Crumbles! Gotta go get busy...it's already getting late. (Had to stop to buy groceries for the week on the way home!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kicking off the week??? by Gourmet_Mom (Traditional pizzas a...)
Chicken Kung Pao, it was good too.

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Kicking off the week??? by Gourmet_Mom (Traditional pizzas a...)
Trying hard to get mine done...don't know how I did it but where the ***** and ankle meet I am very swollen, bruised and my foot acts as if it is no longer attached to my leg and flops all around. If I didn't know better I'd think I somehow broke my lower leg or foot...don't understand it one bit.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Kicking off the week??? by firechef (Trying hard to get m...)
Hate to say it, LJ, but you do know that's kind of why we were putting Tazzie down. Can you walk on it? Geez, know I forgot copletely why I was answering this thread.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Kicking off the week??? by Lorraine (Hate to say it, LJ, ...)
Stay with us here, Lorraine...

We were going to have soup and meatloaf sandwiches, but had a late Mexican lunch "in the city" and probably ruined our appetites.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kicking off the week??? by firechef (Trying hard to get m...)
Quote:

Trying hard to get mine done...don't know how I did it but where the ***** and ankle meet I am very swollen, bruised and my foot acts as if it is no longer attached to my leg and flops all around. If I didn't know better I'd think I somehow broke my lower leg or foot...don't understand it one bit.

Ahhh, mysterious kitchen injuries, at least I hope that's all it is! Perhaps you should get that checked out, LJ.

Everyone's supper sounds good tonight. I'm doing the shrimp salad rolls again.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Kicking off the week??? by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I LOVE the shrimp salad rolls! It's been a while.

Jean, I probably bastardized your soup beyond recognition, but it sure was good! Like Cis, I roasted the tomatoes, a head of garlic, the onions, AND some red peppers. (1 1/2) Added that to the rest, but subbed quite a bit of Italian seasoning instead of the fresh basil (didn't have enough) and thyme. Like I said...I REALLY played with it.

The pizzas were great, too. William gave the ham and pepperoni a 10! He also said the soup was the PERFECT thing when you are sick and need some REAL comfort food.

Funny note, Andrew realized I was making pizzas and gave me the sweetest compliment. A few days after the last time I made pizza, he went with a friend to one of the pizza chains around. He said their pizza now tastes gross...like something out of a can!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Kicking off the week??? by Gourmet_Mom (I LOVE the shrimp sa...)
OH, LJ, I hope you get that foot looked at...that doesn't sound good...especially in your profession.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Kicking off the week??? by Gourmet_Mom (I LOVE the shrimp sa...)
Quote:

Funny note, Andrew realized I was making pizzas and gave me the sweetest compliment. A few days after the last time I made pizza, he went with a friend to one of the pizza chains around. He said their pizza now tastes gross...like something out of a can!

Pizza from a can??? That would be interesting...maybe. My supper was super. Holly found the idea of mixing the egg odd and wasn't too sure about it but she tried it and liked it. I'll post the recipe I used later.

Sounds like everyone enjoyed their meals. Great way to start off the week! Happy and full!

Mom tell "Gourmet_Brother" that pizza does not come from a can! We really can't have the young man going off into the world thinking things like that!