Tuesday Dinner 11/4
  Re: (...)
Since we were at Central Market yesterday, I have 10-15 dinner ideas to sift thru to make this decision!

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday Dinner 11/4 by cjs (Since we were at Cen...)
I'm having bloodwork Thursday AM so tonight we are having salmon and tomorrow we're having halibut---I know I know, I cheat!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner 11/4 by Old Bay (I'm having bloodwork...)
I am on a pasta kick, but might make a pizza. We are headed to the polls when Holly gets home so that might delay things a bit. Not expecting too many people since we only have about a hundred voters in our precinct.

Don't know what pasta dish we will do. I have ground beef and pork, shrimp, three kinds of pasta dried and ready. Sauce bases are available for traditional red and white sauces so the options are endless. Pizza might be a chicken with a white sauce...might try a "stuffed" crust as well.

Don't know for sure but am still brain storming.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner 11/4 by firechef (I am on a pasta kick...)
Honey Sesame Chicken from Foodgawker, Rice and something green.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner 11/4 by firechef (I am on a pasta kick...)
Shall be trying out the Supreme Pizza Soup and the Lasagna Soup tonight (freezing most of it). They each call for bulk Italian sausage, and Italian sausage is not sold, at all, here, so I just got done mixing together the ground pork and necessary spices to make the Italian sausage. Now, that's sitting in the fridge, with all the flavours melding, so it will be ready to add to the soups, tonight.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner 11/4 by piano226 (Honey Sesame Chicken...)
Quote:

... and something green.

Mint, Chocolate Chip Ice Cream containing green food colouring?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner 11/4 by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have a pork tenderloin defrosting and plan to serve it with leftover mushroom sauce and quinoa pilaf. I have some of Old Bay's roasted tomato soup to serve, and probably a tossed salad.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner 11/4 by HomeCulinarian (I have a pork tender...)
We are having one of those bonus warm days so I want to grill. I am leaning towards that Carolina skewer-cue. Need to peruse the two grilling cookbooks.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner 11/4 by chef_Tab (We are having one of...)
Isn't the weather lovely! We are nice and have been for most of the past few days. Hate to see it change with thunderstorms tonight and Wednesday and then rain turning to snow and ice up our way Friday into Saturday.

Grilling sounds great but my wood and char levels are low and the car is in the shop so I am stuck at home today...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner 11/4 by firechef (Isn't the weather lo...)
Shoot - doesn't that just jack your jaw! Hmmmm.

I think we're going to have a big ol' 7 bone roast with roasted carrots, parsnips, turnips, and beets. Instead of potatoes I'm thinking a butternut squash vanilla risotto perhaps with the beet greens. Yum.

A girlfriend is coming over to help me pack up the china cabinet - that should pretty well kill an afternoon! Then I'll feed her and her husband.

Hey, LJ - did I mention that I have a covered patio at the new house???? BBQ & smoking all year long!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!