Thursday, 11/5 Dinner?
  Re: (...)
It's so darn hard to remember what day it is when a person retires!! We had the Asian dinner last night, not on the day I posted the recipes - (ll/4... ) I'm having l/os for breakfast this a.m.

Tonight, we're having the Nov. 10th dinner review - but without the dessert. Did anyone ever answer the question of what is "zuchini rolls" and "Riccotta cones"????

What is everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday, 11/5 Dinner? by cjs (It's so darn hard to...)
Probably getting ready for work or sleeping. I awoke at 4?30 AM, but didn't get up until 5:00. Unusual for me to lay there and not go back to sleep.

We are finally going to have the Pork Noodle Casserole, green beans and a fruit salad for supper tonight. I bought another bottle of port, but got home and discovered it was Tawny. I have about 2/3 bottle of Ruby so I will mix the two and see how it turns out. Got another piece of pork belly out to thaw. If I keep this up I'll have to return to Portland to restock soon. The only fruits I could find were canned pineapple, apples, pears and cacti fruit. I'll taste the cacti before I add it to the salad so as not to make the same mistake I did with persimmon. As a warning to others, when you add persimmon to a fruit salad, it's about all you can taste.

It's already 52°, the weather is so undependable here it amazes me. Tomatoes are still blooming as are the jalapenos.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Thursday, 11/5 Dinner? by bjcotton (Probably getting rea...)
We're having the Sausage Minestra tonight. It was a gorgeous day today, but the temps are now falling off quickly after the sun goes down, so I'm looking forward to it. It's sitting on the stove waiting to bring back to a boil to add the orzo when all the boys get home.

I just learned dinner will be late again. Wouldn't you know it! If I manage to get dinner ready BEFORE 7, they kill a deer or two. If I don't get it done before 7, they're home by 6 and whining that dinner isn't ready yet! GEEZ!

BTW, Jean, if you get an answer about the zuchinni rolls and ricotta cones, let me know. I'm gonna just do it without them, but they sure do sound good! I'm having mine Saturday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 11/5 Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having the Sau...)
We did an eggplant chicken curry with homemade pita bread. It was very good nice and spicy but not too much. It was one of those spur of the moment ideas.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Thursday, 11/5 Dinner? by farnfam (We did an eggplant c...)
We had "Winter Pork Stew" from Soups, Stews, & Chilies.
Easy recipe and very tasty. Will do this one again.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday, 11/5 Dinner? by Mare749 (We had "Winter Pork ...)
I stir fried a beef, onion, carrot, red bell, brocolli, snow peas, garlic, cabbage, soy sauce, sesame oil combination off the top of my head--served with a petit sirah I was really afraid of--really turned out good!! We are avoiding white carbohydrates.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thursday, 11/5 Dinner? by Old Bay (I stir fried a beef,...)
Hey, Bill, I hope your numbers came out good from today!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday, 11/5 Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, Bill, I hope yo...)
Quote:

Hey, Bill, I hope your numbers came out good from today!

Thanks, I get the results next week--I'll let you know--really feel confident--"knock on wood".--Bill
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thursday, 11/5 Dinner? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks, personally, I hate the wait! BTW, you mentioned you were cheating with the fish the other day...did I interpret that correctly? If so, do tell what number you were cheating...cholesterol/blood pressure fighters want to know! While my latest numbers were very good, William needs all the help he can get.

Hey, if I can find an excuse to make him bring fresh fish home for his own numbers (which need help), you would be making TWO people VERY happy....LOL! I LOVE seafood!

An aside- He's got all these fishermen/friends who would LOVE to GIVE him fish/shrimp/clams/oysters, but he hates to ask...feels like he's imposing/using. What IS it with you men?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday, 11/5 Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, personally, ...)
Didn't cook anything...read this and realized that other than the baby having her dinner (still a very sick little girl) and now me nursing a bowl of Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Panic ice cream that nothing was made, thought about or consumed...

Holly ate on the way home and food was the last thing on my mind after 9 and a half hours of continuous cooking for others. Try again Friday night when I get home.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)