Coconut Croissant Bread Pudding
  Re: (...)
Someone sent this recipe to me today and I wanted to share it - I have not made it yet but it looks really good to me - this looks like a good addition to Thanksgiving and/or Christmas dinner.

Coconut Croissant Bread Pudding
8 Egg Yolks
4 Whole Eggs
2 1/2 Cups of milk
1 Can (13 1/2 oz.) Coconut milk
1 Cup of Sugar
1 teaspoon Coconut extract
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Salt
5 Large Croissant Pastries
1 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar, for dusting if desired

Whisk together egg yolks, eggs, milk, coconut milk, sugar, coconut extract, vanilla extract, and salt.
Coat a 2 1/2 quart casserole baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cut croissants in half horizontally. Place bottom halves, cut side up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, and coconut. Cover with top halves of croissants, cut side down.
Pour egg mixture over top. Top with baking sheet weighed down with cans, so croissants get pressed down and submerged in liquid. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove baking sheet used as weight.
Cover pudding loosely with foil. Place pudding pan in a larger pan on oven rack. Pour hot water into larger pan to reach a depth of 1 inch.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil bake an additional 30 minutes or until temp. reaches 160 degrees, on an instant read thermometer. Carefully remove dish to wire rack; cool slightly. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
  Re: Coconut Croissant Bread Pudding by (Someone sent this re...)
You're killing me, Sonja! Darn this sounds too good.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Coconut Croissant Bread Pudding by chef_Tab (You're killing me, S...)
Doesn't it, though - I just made a coconut pie on Saturday - the children and grandies don't eat coconut but I think they will eat this one - none of them liked bread pudding until I started making the New Orleans bourbon bread pudding so I'm going for it!!!
  Re: Re: Coconut Croissant Bread Pudding by (Doesn't it, though -...)
oh my, it does look inviting!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Coconut Croissant Bread Pudding by cjs (oh my, it does look ...)
Another bread pudding thread. I love bread pudding and I love coconut. I usually throw a handful of coconut into my bread pudding anyway, but the addition of coconut milk sounds very interesting. I would lose the chocolate chips for my version. But the rest of the ingredients sound fabulous. Also, I usually tear my bread into chunks and stir into custard. This produces the most wonderful texture--not cake, not custard but a divine hybrid.
  Re: Coconut Croissant Bread Pudding by (Someone sent this re...)
Sonia you are "evil" and I love you for it. Goodness this sounds so good! Bob and I love coconut and chocolate so this is going on the menu for asap after the move! Maybe I'll have to make it so we can have it one night while moving - that way the calories won't count!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!