Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister
  Re: (...)
Hello, Everyone!

I was wondering if I could get some help finding good oven-safe bowls for onion soup.

Also, I am would like to buy an oil mister.

I've read some online reviews and they seem to contradict each other....so I figured this would be a good place to get some suggestions.

Thanks!
Skeetor
  Re: Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister by Skeetor (Hello, Everyone![br]...)
Let me give my opinion (mine only!!) on the oil misters. I would never have one of these in my kitchen - I can't think of a piece of equipment more potentially dangerous than this one. To me there is no way to competely clean the mister part of the container and it won't take long to have rancid oil being sprayed on your foods. Please, remember, this is my opinion only.

Here are some that would be fun to have -

http://www.chefsresource.com/le-creuset-...bowls.html

Oh Great!! NOw I have to have these - love them!
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=80&f=25521

and lastly, this is one type of dish I have and I love them.
http://www.surlatable.com/product/id/192757.do

Hope this helps a little - now, I have to go order those in the 2nd referenced site....thanks, I think
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister by cjs (Let me give my opini...)
I bought some soup sized mugs at the dollar store, and they are working okay for me. I did gratins, where they cook in water in the oven. I've done the 5 minute cake in the micro wave and a while ago I did the chocolate souffle. I suppose tho' that if the oven temp was really high, like over 400 it might be a problem. So far so good for me, for a dollar I can't complain
As for oil mister (not like marrying an oil tycoon right?) I have the Pampered Chef one and I've run it thru the dishwasher and it seems okay, but I haven't had it but a few months

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister by cjs (Let me give my opini...)
I think I'm with you, Jean, on the mister - I'm too creeped out by the rancid factor.

I have a set of each of the first two onion soup bowls! I'd love to get the lionheads! I love both of mine.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister by Harborwitch (I think I'm with you...)
This makes me hungry for an onion gratin
  Re: Re: Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister by DFen911 (This makes me hungry...)
For what it is worth, I am with Jean and Sharon on the oil mister. In theory it sounds like a good idea, but I have OCD and would always worry about it being sanitary.

Oh, and welcome to the forum Skeetor!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister by chef_Tab (For what it is worth...)
Love those onion soup bowls, Jean. Good item for the wish list.

Regarding the mister, I had one and threw it out. Forgot I had it for a little while and it got smelly. Never wanted to use it after that.

Oops, almost forgot! Welcome Skeetor! Come back often and join in the fun. Where's Denise with those jello shots???

Maryann
  Re: Re: Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister by Mare749 (Love those onion sou...)
Probably ate 'em all! *hic*
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister by Mare749 (Love those onion sou...)
Quote:

Where's Denise with those jello shots???

I think you just answered your own question.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Advice for Onion Soup Bowls/ Oil Mister by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Gotta agree with the mister...I have little squirt bottles like you see in little places for ketchup and mustard (mine are clear) that I keep oil in. I also have a few bartender type speed pourers that I keep on hand. A tip of the finger controls the flow better than spraying and is less mess from the mist going all over...

As for the Jell-o shots...theys was yummy everybody!!! Did anyone else want any? I'm sorry, coulda sworn I was told to help myself...guess it was watch these so I don't down them myself from Denise and Daphne!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)