This looks good...
  Re: (...)
Got this one off of www.theworldwidegourmet.com and thought it looked good!!!

Chocolate-Armagnac Soufflé Cakes

Michel Guérard
Grand Chef Relais & Châteaux
Les Prés d'Eugénie - France

Ingredients
- 90 g (3 oz.) good-quality eating Chocolate
- 90 g (3 oz.) butter
- 90 g (3 oz.) granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 60 ml (2 oz.) armagnac
Method

1. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl set over simmering water.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until light and pale.
3. Combine the chocolate and egg yolk mixtures.
4. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and fold them into the chocolate-yolk mixture.
5. Three-quarters fill 6 small buttered, sugared ramekins with the mixture.
6. Bake in a 200°C (400°F) for 6 minutes.
7. Serve immediately, and in front of your guests, make a small slit in the middle of each soufflé and pour in a spoonful of Armagnac.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: This looks good... by firechef (Got this one off of ...)
GOOD GRIEF! Thanks a lot! Now I'm having a MAJOR chocolate attack!

I may actually have to try this out this weekend for a potential xmas eve dessert!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: This looks good... by Gourmet_Mom (GOOD GRIEF! Thanks ...)
Anyone know a good site to order quality chocolate? I love these type of recipes but all I have is grocery store chocolate....Nestle....hhmm
  Re: Re: This looks good... by DFen911 (Anyone know a good s...)
Lindt has a site for sale to U.S. consumers. In addition, I just found Chocosphere, which sells Lindt, Callebaut, Cacao Barry, and others.

Also, don't be fooled by the popular opinion of people who have never really experienced the best chocolates: Godiva is NOT the end-all of chocolate, but is mediocre in contrast to Lindt, Callebaut or Cacao Barry.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: This looks good... by DFen911 (Anyone know a good s...)
Denise, I don't know if you have World Markets near you, but they have some very good chocolates. I used to get it at Trader Joe's till we moved to the land of crappy shopping.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: This looks good... by chef_Tab (Denise, I don't know...)
Here is the reason I want good chocolate

[Image: chocolate-pomegranate-torte-recipe.jpg]

I am going to make this.
  Re: Re: This looks good... by DFen911 (Here is the reason I...)
I have made that flourless espresso torte in issue #7 a couple of times. "OMG" was the prevailing response to it. It is a two-day affair as the torte has to cool to help set up the chocolate glaze icing.

My only b*tch is that after I pour the glaze on it, the glaze that runs off is practically wasted. Has anyone "reclaimed" the unused glaze to pour over it again? Does that work?

I use Ghiradelli chocolate and Plugra butters when making this baby, so it's not a cheap dessert, by any means.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: This looks good... by BarbaraS (I have made that flo...)
The cake is a Chocolate-Pomegranate Torte. It's not a C@H recipe so wasn't sure about posting it or if I could since it's from another mag. But it looks sooo yummy.
  Re: This looks good... by firechef (Got this one off of ...)
this looks decadent -Mister will love it - thanks for posting - will have to add this to my list - we are in St. Augustine celebrating our 6th anniversary (today) Yea! Just witnessed a wedding on the beach - we have a beach front condo that is really nice - going out to dinner in a few hours to our "special" restaurant - be back in Savannah on Tuesday!!!
  Re: Re: This looks good... by BarbaraS (I have made that flo...)
It looks a lot like the espresso torte from C@H. I add in some Chambord liqueur and serve it with the raspberry sauce. Mmmm! Mmmm! Good!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.