Hi everyone!
  Re: (...)
Hi all! I haven't been posting lately but I have been on to keep up with everyone and get inspired for meals.

I think the last time I posted was around the time that the kids started school. I had a tough time with that believe it or not. My daughter is in school all day this year (1/2 day kindegarten last year) and I really missed having her with me.

There really isn't much to report. I went to the Dr's for a check up in Sept. and I wasn't happy with some of the results. Particularly my weight. So, my hubby and I quickly joined the local gym and I have been going every day after I drop the kids off at school. I'm also working with the personal trainer 2-3x/week. I haven't weighed myself again but I know that I am making progress in becoming healthier by the way my clothes fit and how I feel.
On the cooking front, I haven't really been doing anything exciting. Mostly easy, kid-friendly stuff. Like I said not much to report but I wanted to say "hello" and let you all know that I was thinking of you.
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Hi everyone! by mlucas1 (Hi all! I haven't be...)
Meg!! Good to see you back I can totally empathize with the kids going to school, but it does get better.

I'm proud of you guys going to the gym. That is a huge commitment and I admire you guys for doing it. I would probably go if I could do it with Derek. But his schedule is just awful.

What about taking a nutrition course? That might inpsire you to cook more, and make healthy choices.

Now don't be a stranger
  Re: Re: Hi everyone! by DFen911 (Meg!! Good to see yo...)
Yes, welcome back. If you want to lose weight, you may want to avoid a lot of the threads! haha. I go to the gym a lot and take pilates and step aerobics classes. I love step so much, I hate to miss a class. If you can find something you really enjoy doing, it is much easier to keep it up. If I had to walk on a treadmill and lift weights, I would never go. It has to be fun for me. I think you are very smart to pay more attention to how good you feel rather than concentrate on what the scale says.
How lucky are you! Living in RI. I just love New England. Did you ever go to the Waterfire event downtown Providence? I hear it is fabulous. We copy it here in KC.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Hi everyone! by chef_Tab (Yes, welcome back. I...)
Hi Meg, glad to see you back. I hope the weight thing goes good for you. It's always a struggle for me. How can someone whose hobby is cooking, really expect to lose weight But I keep on trying. Good luck.

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hi everyone! by farnfam (Hi Meg, glad to see ...)
Hi meg, glad to see you here! I was lucky in the kids going to school department. We lived across the street from the elementary school and I worked there!

Good for you and hubby going to the gym. Even if you're not fixing a lot of the yummy things we've got going on here, I hope to see you more!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Hi everyone! by mlucas1 (Hi all! I haven't be...)
Hi Meg, nice to see you again! Hope you will come back more often, we've missed you. I commend you for your discipline and determination to be healthy. You are an inspiration to all of us.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hi everyone! by Mare749 (Hi Meg, nice to see ...)
Hi Meg! Hope all goes well and we see you back here more regularly!

Maybe we can all team up and through together some "healthy" Holiday menu ideas for all of us???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Hi everyone! by firechef (Hi Meg! Hope all go...)
Hi there, Meg! so good to hear from you and that all is going well for you, except for your daughter daring to get old enough to go off to school. It just happens too darn fast, doesn't it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hi everyone! by chef_Tab (Yes, welcome back. I...)
We used to go the WaterFire all the time before we had kids. lol We took the kids for the first time just recently......they weren't that impressed. DH and I love it of course. I took a really great picture of the kids at WF, I'll have to see if I can remember how to post it here.
Meg
  Re: Re: Hi everyone! by cjs (Hi there, Meg! so go...)
I know, how dare they grow!! they keep insisting that I feed them so it's hard to keep them little

Thanks for the welcome back!
Meg