Greek Salad with Chicken recipe?
  Re: (...)
I made Greek Salad with Chicken a few months ago from a recipe that I thought was in an issue of Cuisine Magazine. I can't find it anywhere in my collection. Does anyone remember what issue that was in?
  Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? by mikeyk (I made Greek Salad w...)
First welcome aboard!

Issue 38 page 17 (2003)

Makes: About 12 Cups Total Time: 1 Hour Rating: Intermediate

For the Dressing—
Combine:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
1 T. sugar
1 T. garlic, minced
1/2 t. minced fresh rosemary
1/2 t. minced fresh thyme
1/2 t. minced fresh oregano
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

For the Chicken—
Marinate in 1/4 Cup Dressing:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz. each)

For the Croutons—
Brush with Olive Oil; Toast:
2 pita bread rounds

For the Salad—
Prepare:
1 bag (10 oz) mixed romaine/escarole salad greens
2 cups tomatoes, diced
1 cup cucumber, seeded, diced
1 cup bell peppers (red, green, yellow mix), diced
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted, halved
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup red onion, slivered

Sear Chicken in:
1 T. olive or vegetable oil

Sprinkle Salad with:
1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
2 T. torn mint leaves

Combine ingredients for dressing in a bowl. Remove 1/4 cup for marinating chicken; set remaining dressing aside.

Marinate chicken in 1/4 cup dressing for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours. Chill if marinating chicken longer than 30 minutes, otherwise it may be marinated at room temperature.

Brush pita bread with oil and toast on a baking sheet in a 400° oven for 10–15 minutes, or until crisp and browned. Break into croutons when cool.

Prepare ingredients for salad, mounding the salad greens on a large platter and arranging other ingredients decoratively in rows on top. Heat oil for searing chicken in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (discard the excess); season with salt and pepper.

Sear chicken in oil on both sides until cooked through, 4–5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, thinly slice against the grain, and arrange slices on greens.

Sprinkle salad with herbs, then drizzle with dressing and serve.
  Re: Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? by DFen911 (First welcome aboard...)
Welcome aboard is right!!! I love it when people join us here and bring up recipes that I do not know from the magazine...

This one was way before my time...so glad you posted it Denise!!! Saved for a trial some other time.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? by DFen911 (First welcome aboard...)
Great post and recipe!! Perfectly Greek!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? by Old Bay (Great post and recip...)
Bill you don't need to compliment me that much...oh the recipe! My bad!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? by mikeyk (I made Greek Salad w...)
Quote:

I made Greek Salad with Chicken a few months ago from a recipe that I thought was in an issue of Cuisine Magazine. I can't find it anywhere in my collection. Does anyone remember what issue that was in?

Welcome!! What a great question with which to introduce yourself!! You will prosper here.
  Re: Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Welcome mikeyk! What a great way to introduce yourself....with a great recipe that I don't have! THANKS! I hope you come back again and join us in our culinary adventures.

BTW, thanks Denise....copied, saved, and put on next week's menu!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? by firechef (Bill you don't need ...)
Quote:

Bill you don't need to compliment me that much...oh the recipe! My bad!

Was that yours?!
  Re: Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
No just part Greek and part French Canadian so I just thought you were complimenting me with the "Perfectly Greek" comment!
  Re: Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? by firechef (No just part Greek a...)
LJ, you are so confusing Bill! Bill, the recipe is NOT LJ's! He's being a smart A regarding his Greek ancestry. Oh GEEZ! Never mind, I'm not making any more sense than he is!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.