Daisy....
  Re: (...)
Daisy Morrow, Derek's grandmother was born 1904 which is considered the end of the Victorian Age. A year later Einstein published his theory on relativity.

When she was 10 years old World War I began.

In 1921, the beginning of the Jazz Age, Daisy met Glen and the 2 were soon married. They had 5 childen - Marcella (Derek's mom), Billy, Glendale, Buck and Linda.

By the age of 25 the Great Depression came about.

By the age of 30 Hitler was ceasing power over Germany.

By the age of 40 our troops were storming Normandy. Her son in law (Dereks' dad) was about to head overseas.

When she reached 50 the cure for Polio was just starting to be administered.

As she reached 60 the surgeon general began the campaign about smoking being unhealthful and thus the warning labels were placed on every pack.

70 brought her the first president to resign before the end of his term. Nixon gave us Watergate.

She cheated at dice...I know this for a fact

Her life saw some of the frontier advances in our country. The automobile, television, space exploration, medical break thurs. She saw 17 grandchildren and 28 great grandchildren.

Daisy will be laid to rest Wednesday. She passed away peacefully in her sleep. We will miss her greatly. I just wanted to share with you all what a wonderful woman she was.
  Re: Daisy.... by DFen911 (Daisy Morrow, Derek'...)
OH Denise, I am so sorry for Derek and You. But, what an amazing life. WHAT AN AMAZING LIFE! She lived and lived well. May we all say we have done the same.

I don't know that in any other age of evolution and discovery that we will have spanned such a time of change and evolution. The mental changes and adaptations that a person will have to go through - just amazing!

She must have been an amazing woman!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Daisy.... by esgunn (OH Denise, I am so ...)
(((Denise and Derek)))

You know, only being on my first cup of coffee this morning I had to get out the calculator for this but Daisy was 104 years old!!!!. How incredible, how wonderful! You were so lucky to have had this opportunity to share in her life.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Daisy.... by foodfiend ((((Denise and Derek)...)
A long and amazing life, indeed.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Daisy.... by labradors (A long and amazing l...)
Thank you for sharing the life of this wonderful woman with us. I am sorry for your loss but it is obvious that the memories will linger on every time a book is read, a show is watched or history is made. At 104 she saw America change yet again...

Makes me want to go call Greece and check on my Great-Grandmother...she will hit 106 if she makes it to February of '09.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Denise and Derek,

I am very sorry for your loss. What an amazing woman.
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Daisy.... by mlucas1 (Denise and Derek,[br...)
Oh, Denise and Derek, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I think Erin put it best....What an amazing life!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Daisy.... by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Denise and Derek...)
What an incredible life span she had!! I'm sure she will always be missed but oh what a lady to be cherished forever in your memories.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Denise,

I'm sorry to hear of your and Derek's loss. She lived quite an eventful life. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Denise my deepest sympathies to you and Derek for your great loss. That's the way everyone should go - peacefully in their sleep.

What a great woman! To live through all that, 28 great grand children!!! WOW. I can just imagine the stories she must have been able to tell.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!