YUMMY!
  Re: (...)
Mom went on a trip to PA recently and brought back some mustard for us. I picked it up yesterday and just tasted it...WOW! It's a Rothchild's Farms Raspberry Wasabi Dipping Mustard. It may be mixing cultures, but dang if I'm not putting some out this afternoon with the appies!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: YUMMY! by Gourmet_Mom (Mom went on a trip t...)
Sounds like a good blend of flavours. Sometimes you get too much and it gets too complicated for the palate to break down what is what across the tongue but that sounds good. Is it a Dijon, yellow or some other mustard base?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: YUMMY! by firechef (Sounds like a good b...)
I love picking up goodies like that and we have had Raspberry Wasabi mustard - don't know if the same brand. It's great with pretzels and beer also, wraps, all kinds of goodies
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: YUMMY! by firechef (Sounds like a good b...)
Tastes like a Dijon base. It's gonna make an awesome glaze for ham and/or salmon...can't wait!
Daphne
  Re: Re: YUMMY! by Gourmet_Mom (Tastes like a Dijon ...)
Or chicken or even turkey or duck...don't forget to think outside the box every now and again...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: YUMMY! by firechef (Or chicken or even t...)
Oh, I know. It'll probably find its way onto some chicken and grilled...but then I have been flirting with the idea of getting another duck. Decisions, decisions...LOL! I've only got one jar, but I've already searched and found where I can buy more. I've had a wasabi mustard with some kind of flavor, but this is especially good stuff.
Daphne
  Re: Re: YUMMY! by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I know. It'll p...)
Oh my that sounds good on a chicken sandwich.

I mix things up on Bob's sandwiches - last week chipotle and dried cranberries in his chicken salad,wasabi lime mustard on steak, chutney, all kinds of crazy things. He never knows exactly what he'll find in the cooler.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: YUMMY! by Harborwitch (Oh my that sounds go...)
"I mix things up on Bob's sandwiches - last week chipotle and dried cranberries in his chicken salad,wasabi lime mustard on steak, chutney, all kinds of crazy things. He never knows exactly what he'll find in the cooler"

Lucky Bob!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: YUMMY! by chef_Tab ("I mix things up on ...)
I sneaked a sample of the mortadella with some of the mustard a minute ago....YUM!
Daphne
  Re: Re: YUMMY! by Gourmet_Mom (I sneaked a sample o...)
I found 4 places within 10 miles of our new house that carry this. HeeeeHeeee. Giggle, drool, Sharon's doing the happy dance!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!