Dinner Tuesday - Nov. 18th?
  Re: (...)
Looked for beef in the freezer, no luck, but did find a chunk of turkey and a chunk of chicken, so will be making Chix Spiedini tonight. Have brussel sprouts and cauliflower in the frig, so something with one of those.

What's on the menu for you all?

P.S. That silly Tangy Hot Dog and rice was really pretty good last night - for those who have it, it's on page 78 of Share a Recipe.

Oh, I'll be nice - I had some fresh bells pepper and a jalapeno I chopped up and added also.

* Exported from MasterCook *

TANGY FRANK BARBECUE

Recipe By : (CJ/Ambassador) Jean Denham, CC
Serving Size : 4 (unless you find Roy's favorite huge hot dogs, then this will serve 10!)

2 Tbsps prepared mustard
15 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 c dark corn syrup
1/3 c vinegar
1/3 c minced onion
3 Tbsps packed brown sugar
2 Tbsps worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb (10) frankfurters, scored diagonally
Hot Cooked Rice

In skillet, blend mustard with small amount of tomato sauce; add remaining tomato sauce and the
rest of the ingredients except the frankfurters and rice.

Cook over medium heat, stirring often, till mixture comes to boiling; reduce heat & simmer gently 30 minutes.
Add franks; cook till hot and plumped, 7 to 8 minutes. Serve over rice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tuesday - Nov. 18th? by cjs (Looked for beef in t...)
We're still on for the Chicken Spiedini. Planning to have Fettucine on the side, probbly with that Lemon Cream Sauce that someone posted a while ago. And hmmmm, asparagus with bit of lemon and butter?? Yup, that'll work

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
Belgian Pot Roast with mashed potatoes, baby carrots and parsnips, and homemade Italian bread. This is Ron's idea of a fantastic dinner, so he is going to be one happy camper when he gets home.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday - Nov. 18th? by Mare749 (Belgian Pot Roast wi...)
One of Roy's favorites also, Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday - Nov. 18th? by cjs (One of Roy's favorit...)
Like your choice, Maryann.

I'm planning on making the poblano corn chowder and crab toasts from the Soups book tonight. I've made it before and we really enjoyed it.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday - Nov. 18th? by HomeCulinarian (Like your choice, Ma...)
The cucumber salad dressing from the shrimp review caught my eye. So I think it will be baked salmon, the spinach & radish salad and I think I'll just heat up some leftover pasta w/marinara. I wouldn't say the pasta goes with salmon necessarily but I shouldn't waste it.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday - Nov. 18th? by Trixxee (The cucumber salad d...)
I've got a couple of pounds of PRIME sirloin beef steaks that just showed up via FedEx and I am going all Italian on them and doing a "scampi" sauce with stuffed shells and the steaks cut on a bias under the shells...thinking of making some garlic paste and combining it with ricotta, mozzarella and SMOKED Provolone cheeses. I'll use the "scampi" sauce as a topping for it all. Might do an Aviator's Salad as well.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
We had the Slow-Cooked Moroccan Short Ribs.

Thanks to Piano226 for asking about how to cook them without a large enough slow cooker! I didn't have one large enough either. I cooked them at 350ºF for about 2 hours then I lowered it to about 300ºF for another hour. They came out great! (Thanks for the suggestion Carpal Tunnel, aka Jean).

Going to go cheap and fast with burgers tonight!

-Skeetor
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday - Nov. 18th? by Skeetor (We had the Slow-Cook...)
Trix, the lemon cream sauce recipe is supposed to go over pasta served with salmon, if you like I can post it.

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner Tuesday - Nov. 18th? by Skeetor (We had the Slow-Cook...)
Skeetor - I don't think I've welcomed you to the neighborhood yet!! Welcome, we love new folks coming in and becoming part of the group of foodies around here.

We had bacon cheeseburgers (on the grill - Thank heavens for no rain so I could grill!) night before last -nothing like a good homemade burger!!
www.achefsjourney.com