Bacon-Cider Pork
  Re: (...)
I didn't see where it had been reviewed. It's from the Easy Menu Book.

This was really easy, and had great flavour. I used apple cider. At $4.00 a bottle, not sure if I would do that again, might just use apple juice. Two of us are having it tomorrow for lunch with a salad. I didn't have marmalade to make the sweet potato fries, so baked them without the marmalade. This was a really easy, tasty supper. And, I'd make this for company. Thumbs up!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Bacon-Cider Pork by Lorraine (I didn't see where i...)
I agree, Lorraine. We liked this dish also. And the sweet potatoes were quite tasty too.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cider Pork by Mare749 (I agree, Lorraine. ...)
Sounds good Lorraine. I think I've actually got that recipe, just haven't made it....yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cider Pork by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good Lorraine...)
We've made that recipe and liked it, too. We didn't care for the marmalade on the sweet potato fries, tho.
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cider Pork by HomeCulinarian (We've made that reci...)
There is a company out of Vermont that makes an apple cider concentrate that we use at work for recipes like this and others. I'll get the web address as soon as I can...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Bacon-Cider Pork by Lorraine (I didn't see where i...)
I think I have made it too - or one of the ones that is similar. I usually use apple juice - that is what I usually have on hand. Might be a little sweeter, but it works fine.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cider Pork by firechef (There is a company o...)
I think I've made this, but it's wine time, so who knows!!!

I'm working on the website and Roy has convinced me that folks put it up before all the squeeks are out of it, so maybe (Please God!) tomorrow, we'll go public. (I'm probably in as much of a panic over this as Deninse is right now!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cider Pork by cjs (I think I've made th...)
Go for it Jean! You'll take care of the "glitches" when it's up and running! You won't find them all until it's up and running anyway! You know we'll help get it right and tight really fast!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cider Pork by firechef (There is a company o...)
" apple cider concentrate "

I've never heard of that, but it sounds good. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cider Pork by Lorraine (" apple cider concen...)
Lorraine, sorry for side-tracking this thread - my wine mind goes where it goes...

I did make this, wow 2 years ago - we liked it also, love the sweet potato fries.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com