Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking???
  Re: (...)
Where are you - you haven't reported in since you made your cheese!! how did it go?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? by cjs (Where are you - you ...)
Bumping this up so she doesn't miss it.
  Re: Re: Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? by DFen911 (Bumping this up so s...)
where the heck is she? Out having too much fun??? Whoe does she think she is...

"Whoe" Ooops, see what a bottle of Schramsburg Cremant will do to a gal?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? by cjs (where the heck is sh...)
The cheesemaking was wonderful! I had so much fun. I ended up getting 10 gal. of raw milk from a farmer. I only had 1 batch that really didn't turn out. Not sure why, but oh well.

We have made wonderful pizzas, lasagna, stuffed shells. It's been great and all the neighbors are so impressed!

I also (finally) got a foodsaver and what I did to preserve my cheese was this: I portioned 1/2 lb. balls of chees and placed each in a small plastic container. Then I poured over just enough whey from the cooking process just to cover. Then I froze these container overnight. Put them each in their own foodsaver and sucked the air out.

I have already thawed some of my frozen cheese and used it to make some C@H stuffed shells from last year's Holiday issue. I sliced the cheese and topped the shells, broiled it a bit. It melted beautifully! It was as perfect as the day I made it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? by luvnit (The cheesemaking was...)
That's pretty much what I did also, Laura - freezing it. I think I have one lonely little ball left....

It is a blast, isn't it?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? by cjs (That's pretty much w...)
OH you guys !!! I so need to get busy with this. I have no idea what I did that took up the time I was going to do this til now. Duh
Okay, back to those cheesemaking websites. I think I saved them. Gosh, I miss my brain
Cis
Empress for Life