Dinner Impossible update
  Re: (...)
Since there was a post about this show awhile back I thought I would post this update. They are bringing back Chef Robert Irvine. Production is starting this month and air in March 2009.

I actually stopped watching the show after he went off because while Michael Symon is good, I don't think he had the same intensity as Irvine.
  Re: Dinner Impossible update by Emmasmum (Since there was a po...)
That's the best news I've heard in awhile. Regardless of the politics of what he said/did, and what others say they did and didn't do, I really like him. I've stopped watching the show, because, to me, it just wasn't as good. Thanks for the update.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Impossible update by Lorraine (That's the best news...)
This IS good news. I like Symon, but the show just isn't the same. I've stopped watching, also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Impossible update by Gourmet_Mom (This IS good news. ...)
I watched one time with Symon when his mom and sister helped him cook. They didn't make the goal as I recall. I don't think I've seen any other episodes. I like Chef Irvine better and am glad they've found a way to bring him back.
  Re: Re: Dinner Impossible update by HomeCulinarian (I watched one time w...)
I think it's funny that they have a big competition for a new Iron Chef, he does one maybe 2 (?) shows with him and move him over to Dinner Impossible, where he didn't do such a hot job.

I am thrilled Irvine is coming back!
  Re: Re: Dinner Impossible update by DFen911 (I think it's funny t...)
Thanks for sharing the great news. I have been "talking" to Chef Irvine online and on the phone off and on for a couple of months now and I know he is VERY excited about this and has other PBS and BBC America shows coming up. He is also being courted as a possible replacement to Chef Ramsay on Hell's Kitchen. I think he is "too nice" for that but does have the attitude to do the job "right" without being too brash like Chef Ramsay.

Chef Symon is very good but not quite the same as Chef Irvine. I am in hopes the show will go back to the hour long format they were working on when Chef Irvine was put on "hiatus." As for Chef Symon, he did film 10 battles for the "current season" of Iron Chef America and 10 "challenges" of Dinner:Impossible as well. His lead Sous is Jon Sawyer, a fellow NECI grad, I know Jon has his own restaurant in Cleveland now competing with the "boss" on the shows. Be interesting to see Jon go up against Chef Symon in an Iron Chef America battle...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Dinner Impossible update by firechef (Thanks for sharing t...)
Irvine saying "Move you DONkey...move your a$$!!" just doesn't seem right. I love it when Ramsay says it

Keep us posted
  Re: Re: Dinner Impossible update by DFen911 (Irvine saying "Move ...)
ME??? From what you have been saying maybe it is YOU that should be keeping us posted!!!

So how is "Hollywood" doing tonight!?!?

Chefelle, a member here that does not come around too much, was offered an internship as a Pastry Chef at one of Chef Ramsay's restaurants across the Atlantic. Don't know if the offer is still on the table but with her own bakery up and running in Nova Scotia I doubt she will be able to get away as easy...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Dinner Impossible update by Emmasmum (Since there was a po...)
Quote:

Since there was a post about this show awhile back I thought I would post this update. They are bringing back Chef Robert Irvine. Production is starting this month and air in March 2009.

I actually stopped watching the show after he went off because while Michael Symon is good, I don't think he had the same intensity as Irvine.

Good--I liked Irvine--do penance, and be restored. Besh was the better Iron Chef candidate by miiiiiiiles! Symon is a step behind "Big Bite", or whatever it's called.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner Impossible update by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I also preferred Irvine, I think he did a great job on the show and really didn't need the "hyped" credits that were originally offered.

My only complaint is that at the end of the show they would give shots of the food that had been created. Beautifully staged, individual plates. Really? A lot of these challenges were buffet servings for 200-300. Show me what you are actually putting on the table, cause I am sure that it wasn't that lovely plate with dotted sauce around the edge.