hot pepper burn
  Re: (...)
Ok, I know most, if not all, of you are too smart to do this anyway. I normally am too, but for whatever reason, today I was just not thinking clearly. After cutting up a poblano pepper and then some other ingredients, I rubbed my eyes. The pain got progressively worse, the tears may have spread the oils. I could not see and I begged hubby to get on the forum and ask for help. He didn't seem to want to help. In the end I poured a little cream into a saucer and dipped a paper towel into it. Then I held that to my eye like a compress. It was almost like instant relief. Just wanted to share this tip.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: hot pepper burn by chef_Tab (Ok, I know most, if ...)
Oh, aren't those burns terrible?? We've all been there - and if milk is good to help something hot we've eaten, why not a good cream eye wash!! Good thinking, Theresa!

Put him on the forum and we'll all take him to task!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: hot pepper burn by cjs (Oh, aren't those bu...)
Jean, hubby is laughing at you. He feels no remorse. What a stinker, huh?
Theresa

Re: Re: hot pepper burn by chef_Tab (Jean, hubby is laugh...)
I was going to suggest something - but figured I'd better not!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: hot pepper burn by Harborwitch (I was going to sugge...)
I remember one time one of my college buddies was telling me that his mom was cutting hot peppers and then had to use the bathroom.

Use your imagination to figure out what happened!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: hot pepper burn by chef_Tab (Ok, I know most, if ...)
Quote:

Ok, I know most, if not all, of you are too smart to do this anyway. I normally am too, but for whatever reason, today I was just not thinking clearly. After cutting up a poblano pepper and then some other ingredients, I rubbed my eyes. The pain got progressively worse, the tears may have spread the oils. I could not see and I begged hubby to get on the forum and ask for help. He didn't seem to want to help. In the end I poured a little cream into a saucer and dipped a paper towel into it. Then I held that to my eye like a compress. It was almost like instant relief. Just wanted to share this tip.

Pain, with nowhere to go for help is the mother of invention!!
Thats why some of my soups turn into "cream of"-----". I like peppers, but you can't trust the little boogers!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: hot pepper burn by BarbaraS (I remember one time ...)
OUCH!

Theresa, your hubby is definitely a stinker...but to be honest, I don't think mine would have done it either.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: hot pepper burn by chef_Tab (Jean, hubby is laugh...)
Quote:

Jean, hubby is laughing at you. He feels no remorse. What a stinker, huh?

Tell him to slice a pepper for you and then tell him something is dripping from his nose !!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: hot pepper burn by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I swear he is impervious to pain, especially from spice. This is the guy that puts habenero peppers on everything. When we go to Thai restaurants, he orders "Thai spicy hot" and it still isn't hot enough. But don't worry everyone, he is not allowed to eat at all today cuz tomorrow is his big test! I think he is suffering sufficiently. I even had him grocery shopping with me earlier today and then had him carry all the stuff in. That must have been torture.
Theresa

Re: Re: hot pepper burn by chef_Tab (I swear he is imperv...)
Put a bit of vaseline on it, it should help. Not sure why, but it does.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.