I Need a New Coffee Maker
  Re: (...)
My Mr. Coffee is just about on it's last leg and the warmer plate is peeling and just gross. Can anyone recommend a decent coffee maker? I'm looking for one in white, I don't need a grinder and if I could find something for under $75 or so that would be great.
  Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker by Trixxee (My Mr. Coffee is jus...)
Since coffee is a food group I feel your pain. I have a nice Braun but it is in black and has the latte, espresso and all of that stuff on the side. Even froths milk and such. It is really nice and is in my basement. Daily I use a two cup travel mug set-up as I am the only coffee drinker in the house. Have yet to get Kambree into the good stuff yet. Think Mommy might get a little upset if I give the 17 month old a good old cup of Joe.

There are tons of options out there. Depending on your wants, likes and needs of your coffee palate. I have always liked a two pot system for flavoured coffees that everyone thinks I need to get for Christmas. Considering how they are mostly made by the same companies under different brand names I would have to suggest walking the aisle of Wal-Mart or Target and seeing what catches your eye and then check it out online.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you face this possible disaster and move on in your coffee making needs!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker by firechef (Since coffee is a fo...)
Thanks firechef. I'll have to look at Walmart. I've had no luck for the past year (yes, a YEAR!) at Target or Costco. Plenty of coffee makers- very few in white. Everything's black or stainless.
  Re: Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker by Trixxee (Thanks firechef. I'...)
Once you see one with the features you like regardless of the colour check it out online and see if it is available in white. I know Wal-Mart will let you order different stuff from their website and have it shipped to the local store. Some Sears and Yonkers stores have a good selection as well. Have you checked Target's website? They too ***** to the store or your home with a different selection of goods than in the stores.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker by firechef (Once you see one wit...)
I like mine. I don't think it has anything to do with the particular brand(mine is a Mr. Coffee) but I got one without a burner.

I saw a "Good Eats" show on coffee and the host said anykind of burner can make the coffee bitter. I always like strong coffee but it would come out with a bitterness. Now, using the same coffee beans I used before, it's not bitter, just rich. It is a little more work to preheat the carafe but I still like it. I also use a filter on it.
  Re: Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker by Skeetor (I like mine. I don'...)
It's hard to go wrong with a Braun or a Krups.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker by labradors (It's hard to go wron...)
My Mr. Coffee drips into a thermos-carafe, so there's no burner. It keeps the coffee hot for a long enough time for us. We like it fine. It's not white, tho.
  Re: Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker by HomeCulinarian (My Mr. Coffee drips ...)
Trixxee, I just bought a Bunn coffee maker (white) on eBay for $49.50 + $13 shipping. I drank coffee using a Bunn while I was at Sharon's. It brews in 3 minutes and is delicious. Instead of drizzling water onto the grounds, it sprays it and you get a much better cup of coffee. I guess I'll have to do something with 5 of the other 7 I have
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker by bjcotton (Trixxee, I just boug...)
Trixxee, I have the Bunn too and just want to make sure you are aware that it keeps water at a certain temperature in a holding tank. This bothers my husband to no end as he feels it is a waste of energy. I do think the coffee tastes great, and you can't beat it for speed. If you would not use it every day, it might not be the best coffee maker for you.
  Re: Re: I Need a New Coffee Maker by chef_Tab (Trixxee, I have the ...)
We only use a french press to make our coffee. Ever since we tried it at a friends house we'll never go back.