Sharon's Move
  Re: (...)
Here are some pictures of Sharon & Bob's new house after we'd moved everything over there. The actual move took 5 days with 2 days cleaning the old house, carpets, tile floors, etc. Lord am I glad it's over...for me anyway. Now Sharon & Bob have to find everything

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v499/bjcotton/Sharon/
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Sharon's Move by bjcotton (Here are some pictur...)
Thanks for the sneak peak Billy! Oh Sharon, those cabinets are high....get you one of those fold up stools. YIKES! The patio and back yard area look really nice! I'm thinking lots of outdoor cooking and fun. Let me guess where the hot tub goes...LOL! The kitchen is a challenge, but not as bad as I imagined. Look at it this way...you minimize steps! LOVE the tile! And the living room is awesome. I miss my fireplace. I hope you are enjoying setting up your new nest and have a nice Thanksgiving!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sharon's Move by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the sneak...)
All I can say is....I'm sure glad it's you and not me!! good luck!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sharon's Move by bjcotton (Here are some pictur...)
Thank you for documenting the move Billy - I wish I'd thought to get out the movie camera. Billy was so integral to the success of the move - if not for him we'd still be packing and schlepping! We love you Billy!

As a warning to everyone - THROW OUT THE MOP & GLOW! Rather than really clean the floor the Blond Tornado just smeared the cr@p on the floor - the floor shined like mad, but it wasn't clean. It took 6 hours, 7 or 8 bottles of Awesome Cleaner, Bob armed with a mop with a scrub brush, and me with the Rug Doctor to get all of that gunk off the floor.

We're slowly getting it all put together and I'll take some pictures when we get it done. We're thinking of getting a pot rack to hang - over the kitchen sink is the only place I can think of. We're also planning a rack for my "set" of big spice jars - that will free up 3 or 4 drawers!

Well time to go find the blender and make Bob some Eggs Benedict.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sharon's Move by Harborwitch (Thank you for docume...)
You guys must still be exhausted! But at least it's done, now it's a matter of settling in Keep the pics coming, love em!

**wonders why she didn't see numerous empty wine bottles in any of those pictures...I mean when I moved there were several...I figured it was just a natural thing **
  Re: Re: Sharon's Move by DFen911 (You guys must still ...)
There was driving involved! The wine came later - I wish I'd gotten pictures of Bob making a martini in a frozen beer mug (a smallish one). Hee Hee.
  Re: Re: Sharon's Move by Harborwitch (There was driving in...)
Yeah, Denise, we used to gauge the move size by how many wine bottles/beer cans there were....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sharon's Move by cjs (Yeah, Denise, we use...)
This place feels like "home" - there'll be a housewarming party - then we'll count the empties!
  Re: Re: Sharon's Move by Harborwitch (This place feels lik...)
It's nice to hear the new place feels like "home", Sharon. I love the martini in the beer mug...LOL!

Yea, I usually had to bribe my help with beer as well...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sharon's Move by Gourmet_Mom (It's nice to hear th...)
Billy doesn't drink. There were a bunch of empty Negro Modelo bottles (our fav. beer) in the garage after the move, so I guess a little bribery might have been involved.