Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey?
  Re: (...)
I have some old standbys we always make with leftover turkey. What do you do?

We have Turkey Divan casserole with rice. It's broccoli topped by a layer of sliced turkey, topped with a mixture of 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 of cream of celery soup, about 1/2 cup mayo, grated onion, and 1 T lemon juice. Spread that over the turkey, then top with 1 cup of buttered bread crumbs. Bake for about 40 minutes.

The other is Turkey noodle soup using the carcass.
  Re: Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey? by HomeCulinarian (I have some old stan...)
William has been anxiously awaiting the turkey pot pie...already bought the pie crust...LOL! Then there will be the traditional After Thanksgiving Turkey Carcass Soup tomorrow.

Sadly, the oyster roast and beer can chili party will have to wait until next weekend...he forgot the oysters.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey? by Gourmet_Mom (William has been anx...)
My mom used to make a Turkey Divan casserole but she added a little curry powder - so good!

I don't have any leftover turkey yet (making one tomorrow) but I'm thinking the Tomato Tortellini Turkey Soup from either the Splendid Soups or the Soups & Stews book sounds and looks good.

Turkey Reuben Paninis might also be made.
  Re: Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey? by HomeCulinarian (I have some old stan...)
Just got done cutting up the leftovers...

Turkey Tetrazzini ( not sure of sp.)- simple recipe made with bite size turkey, spaghetti, cream of mushroom sauce, ( left over gravy ) mushrooms, water chestnuts, bake in oven, topped with Parmesan cheese.

sliced turkey for sandwiches. I make hot and cold sandwiches.
Tomorrow will make turkey soup and freeze some.

But nothin beats a plain ol turkey sandwich!
  Re: Re: Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey? by kelly2 (Just got done cuttin...)
My turkey sandwiches have always been:
  • Toasted bread
  • Leftover stuffing spread onto the bottom slice of toast
  • Slices of leftover turkey
  • Leftover cranberry sauce spread onto the top slice of toast
YUM!

Several years ago, the Daytona Beach News-Journal published the following great recipe on Thanksgiving day:
Quote:

Thai Turkey Noodles

1 Yellow bell pepper, sliced 2 T Peanut oil
1 Bunch Scallions, thinly sliced 1 Red bell pepper, sliced
1 ½ C Turkey, cooked, cut into thin strips
8 Oz Linguine, cooked, drained, cooled under cold, running water

In a large mixing bowl, toss together linguine with peanut oil. Add peppers, scallions and turkey; toss to mix. Add Peanut Sauce (see below) and toss to coat evenly. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

Peanut Sauce

2 Cloves Garlic, minced 2 T Sesame seed oil
2 T Fresh Ginger root, minced ¼ C Lime juice
¼ C “Lite” Soy sauce Hot chili oil
1 ½ T Brown sugar ¼ C water
¼ C Creamy peanut butter

In work bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade, combine garlic, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Add peanut butter and process until smooth. With machine running, add sesame oil and lime juice in thin stream. Add several drops of chili oil to taste. Finally, add water to thin sauce.

Finally, don't forget my "Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Pizza":
  • Pizza crust
  • The wet ingredients of the stuffing, without the bread/croutons added
  • Slices of leftover turkey
  • Leftover gravy (be careful: remember that a just a little refrigerated gravy will expand and run considerably when heated)
  • A moderate amount of freshly grated smoked Gouda (no mozzarella for this pizza)
  • After pizza has been cooked, serve each slice of pizza with a slice of leftover cranberry sauce.
ENJOY!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey? by labradors (My turkey sandwiches...)
Turkey stock is cooking up and tomorrow it's turkey soup.

Today it's turkey panini's with cranberry sauce, baby spinach and a spread made with butter and mayo...MmMmMmm
  Re: Re: Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey? by DFen911 (Turkey stock is cook...)
I think the turkey ( not that I have any) would be good subbed for chicken in the Chicken Bistro Cakes. I like to put it in a mushroom/onion/pea cream sauce and serve it over pasta. think in a quesidilla would be good also. Hot turkey sandwiches served with a side of peas and fries is one of my favourites. What about binding it in a highly seasoned bechamel sauce, and make croquettes? I love turkey.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey? by Lorraine (I think the turkey (...)
I like the quesidilla idea....I've got some leftover cheeses as well. I bet one made up with some swiss, turkey and ham would be good, too! William would LOVE that one! Thanks for the idea.

What I really need is an idea for a whole lot of dough for clover (?) rolls...you know...three walnut sized balls of dough in muffin cups. I used a new recipe, and wasn't paying attention to the amounts. It made a crap load of dough.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey? by Gourmet_Mom (I like the quesidill...)
maybe make a sweet focaccia? or is it already baked.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Whatcha doin' with your leftover turkey? by Lorraine (I think the turkey (...)
Quote:

I like to put it in a mushroom/onion/pea cream sauce and serve it over pasta.

An upscale version of tuna pea wiggle, Lorraine! I wonder how many people recognize that name, it was old when I was a kid and just grew up with it. Your version sounds so much better....

PJ
PJ