Stupid Question
  Re: (...)
My new stove has 2 regular burners, 1 simmer burner and 2 power burners (1 is two burners of the 3 burner oblong one in the center). Is medium or medium-high or any other setting for that matter on the power burner the same as medium or medium-high on the regular burners? I know 1 of the 3 burners in the center oval burner is the same as the simmer burner, 2 of them makes a power burner, and all 3 makes a burner for the grill. These burners have numbered settings 1 thru 9...all of them.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Stupid Question by bjcotton (My new stove has 2 r...)
Sounds like a math story problem...

If 4 apples and 2 oranges equals $1 and 2 apples and 3 orange equals $0.70, how much does each apple and each orange cost? There are no quantity discounts.
Beats me, Billy. Our new gas stove as two regular, one simmer, and one power. I have found the power on all of them to be the same.

OT Is your broil on the bottom. I hate that thing, I have to get down on y hands and knees, and at my age, it's not pretty.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
You could boil water (same amounts, same size & brand pots) on the burners and time the start of boiling at the same burner setting. Then do it over again using the same scenario except change the pots and burner combination. This should confirm the first experiment, if it doesn't, call me in the morning.
Dr. Old Bay
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Stupid Question by Old Bay (You could boil water...)
" Dr. Old Bay "

Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Stupid Question by Lorraine (" Dr. Old Bay "[br][...)
Well geez, you guys were a lot of help! Guess I need to get out the book and see what the BTU rating is on all the burners. I think it's 17,000 on the power burner and 9,000 on the regular burners. So if you turn the power burner on 8, that should be 15,111 BTU and a regular burner on 8 would be 8,000 BTU. Therefore, I would guess they are NOT the same...humph, should have asked myself I guess
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Stupid Question by bjcotton (Well geez, you guys ...)
I knew that water boiled faster on my power burners - but I've been running amok today. Shoot - I can't figure out how to use this stupid stove here in the new house.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
A more stupid question- what's a power burner? I have two burner worlds in my life, the big old gas stove in the kitchen at work and my sorry little glass cooktop at home.

Can't for the life of me talk him into getting gas.....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Stupid Question by pjcooks (A more stupid questi...)
Don't feel bad PJ! I'm supposed to be getting a commercial kitchen at the farm..."one day".

Until then, we put in a cooktop during the remodel. The contractor nor the electrician would let me put in gas. They said this house is made out of fat lighter and would be suicide to put in gas. Seeing how my cabinets are beginning to separate after 5 years and things are getting screwy... I think I'm glad they talked me out of it. I'm even starting to see cracks in my shower stall. Time to check the jacks under the house... the ones "supposedly" holding the house level.

Can you imagine the possibilities of gas leaks, flames and a house made out of fat lighter wood? YIKES! I'll wait on my commercial kitchen at the farm.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Stupid Question by bjcotton (Well geez, you guys ...)
We have a four burner Viking (all burners the same), with a grill in the middle. Love it!! Great gas control.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".