- 75 g (2 1/2 oz.) hazelnuts, coarsely chopped

Chocolate Cream
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) heavy cream (35%)
- 150 g (5 oz.) milk chocolate

Garnish
- 60 g (1/4 cup) honey
- 100 g (2/3 cup) fresh or frozen cranberries

Method

1. In a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale. Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Reduce the mixer speed and blend the chocolate-butter mixture into the eggs, then incorporate the flour and hazelnuts.
2. Pour the batter into buttered parchment-lined molds and bake in a 180° C (350° F) oven for 10 minutes.

Chocolate Cream

1. Bring the cream to a boil and pour it over the chocolate in a bowl. Whisk well to make a smooth ganache. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. To serve, whip the chocolate cream lightly, being careful that it doesn’t turn grainy.

Presentation

1. Top each portion of chocolate sponge with some chocolate cream.
2. In a skillet, heat the honey and add the cranberries until they pop.
Serve the hot cranberries with the chocolate sponge.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Interesting combination of flavours! by firechef (Thought this looked ...)
Wow!! I may have to do this one for the family Christmas get-together!! Awesome layers of flavor!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Interesting combination of flavours! by BarbaraS (Wow!! I may have to...)
As stuffed as I am, I actually started drooling! Thanks LJ! Copied and saved.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Interesting combination of flavours! by Gourmet_Mom (As stuffed as I am, ...)
oh my, sounds great.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com