Juicer Recommendation
  Re: (...)
Hi Guys,

Does any of you have a juicer that they can recommend? I am thinking of getting one. There are so many on the market that range from like 50 to some 500 and I truly have no idea what exactly is the difference between all of them.

Thanks
  Re: Juicer Recommendation by piano226 (Hi Guys, [br][br]Doe...)
Here's the kind I use:
[Image: 208096019ge6.jpg]
The one I have only cost about $20, but I've seen some places with ridiculous prices, such as $106.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Juicer Recommendation by labradors (Here's the kind I us...)
ok...i have that one...works great on oranges...but kinda hard to lets say make carrot juice. HEEEEEE
  Re: Re: Juicer Recommendation by piano226 (ok...i have that one...)
Aha! Not just a "juicer," but a "juice extractor." Gotcha.

For those I have no basis for review, since I don't have one, and I have never known anyone who got one and actually kept using it. That seems to be one of those items that many people get, use once or twice, then leave to gather dust for a few years until they decide to put it into a yard sale. Thus, I know seven or eight people who have them, but none who still use them.
  Re: Re: Juicer Recommendation by labradors (Aha! Not just a "ju...)
....um, the other day my kids mentioned that they were worried that, that's what me and Jame were becoming.... will we do?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Juicer Recommendation by farnfam (....um, the other da...)
Becoming what, Cis? Juice extractors?

...Or were you referring to my signature quotation about cynics?

Actually, I cannot help being a cynic since, after all, the original meaning of the word was "doglike."

WOOF!
  Re: Re: Juicer Recommendation by labradors (Becoming what, Cis? ...)
Teehee, Rob, I meant becoming Juicers. But we do extract the juice from inside the glass, does that count?

I didn't know the root word for cynic is doglike, is that greek or latin?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Juicer Recommendation by farnfam (Teehee, Rob, I meant...)
Cactus juice, potato juice, sugar cane juice, grape juice, corn juice. . . . heeee heeee.

I have a friend that has/had a Champion Juicer he loved that thing. Bob and I have been looking at them - but not seriously yet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Juicer Recommendation by Harborwitch (Cactus juice, potato...)
I have a Juiceman Jr., that works well on things like carrots, celery, etc., but not too well on berries or soft fruits. For that I use one of the steamer juicers...boiling water in the bottom and the fruit in the top. It works well too, but runs about $100.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Juicer Recommendation by farnfam (Teehee, Rob, I meant...)
Quote:

I didn't know the root word for cynic is doglike, is that greek or latin?

Greek, but the Latin for "dog" has the same Indo-European root as the Greek word. Thus, "canine" comes from Latin, but "cynophobia" comes from Greek.