Pepper Jelly cookies
  Re: (...)
I was searching for some new cookies recipes and came across this one. Thought of many of you when I saw it...just thought I'd share.

Pepper Jelly Cornmeal cups
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Pepper Jelly cookies by esgunn (I was searching for ...)
Oh Yum! This sounds sooo good...and using different kinds of jelly too!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Pepper Jelly cookies by bjcotton (Oh Yum! This sounds...)
those do sound good. I have cornmeal and jalapeno jelly just waiting for a recipe. what I really need is more hours in the day!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Pepper Jelly cookies by chef_Tab (those do sound good....)
The jelly Jean gave me the recipe for "Cinnamon Red Hots and Apple Cider" would be wonderful in them. In case you don't have it, here is the recipe: Got the name wrong...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Apple Cider Jelly with Red Hots

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Candy-Jelly/Jam-Syrup

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 quart apple cider
2/3 cup red hots candy
1 package powdered fruit pectin -- (1-3/4-ounces)
5 cups sugar

Place apple cider, red hots, and pectin in a large kettle, and bring to a full rolling boil. Add sugar; return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, skim off any foam. Pour into hot jars; leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.

Yield: About 6 half-pints.

Source:
"cjdacook"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Pepper Jelly cookies by bjcotton (The jelly Jean gave ...)
I was thinking about that one also, Billy! And I have some Rhubarb, misc. fruit and jalapeno jelly/jam mixtures from last summer too. Yummy sounding, Erin!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
These sound so good! I've got some apricot habanero in the fridge that I need to do something with.

Billy thanks for the reminder - I think I'll make up a batch of that too today. It'll make some nice Christmas presents.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Thanks, Erin. I'm bringing Habanero Gold Jelly to Baltimore. I think I can make the cookies and bring them to Baltimore.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Pepper Jelly cookies by Lorraine (Thanks, Erin. I'm b...)
I forgot all about this thread - thanks anon!

I still haven't made the cookies - has anyone else??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pepper Jelly cookies by cjs (I forgot all about t...)
Yes - and Bob absolutely loved him. They were really good - I made them with the Habanero Gold jam. Yum. Must make them again.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pepper Jelly cookies by Harborwitch (Yes - and Bob absolu...)
We made them yesterday. We tested them using different jellies, and making them different sizes. The regular "hot pepper jellies" weren't hot enough to cut through the sweetness of the brown sugar, but with the habanero gold, they were great. We liked them best made a bit bigger, about double the 3/4 in that was in the recipe. I think they would go great with a cheese display.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.