Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner
  Re: (...)
December 7th just hit me what day it is!! Better get my flag out. And it's a Sunday also.

I'm making Balsamic Pork Tenderloin from Issue #22 - it's a grill one, but if it rains today, it's only supposed to be a light sprinkle. Think I'll do the orzo and grilled veggies also.

While looking thru #22, I ran across a recipe for Peanut Butter cookies (I am a peanut butter cookie fanatic) - has anyone tried them? This one drizzles chocolate over the cookie....

What is everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner by cjs (December 7th just h...)
Ron just got back last night, so tonight is date night. Going out for dinner and a show at a neighborhood playhouse. But, if you ask tomorrow...

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner by Mare749 (Ron just got back la...)
I just looked....I'm SUPPOSED to be doing the hoisin sauce recipe you posted a while back that I do with Boston Butt, but I forgot to marinate it in the fridge...ARGGG!

Now I have NO idea! Off to church, so I'll just pick something up. After a long week last week, I'm taking it easy this weekend. Gotta rest up for next weekend for cookie baking and appy making!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner by Mare749 (Ron just got back la...)
Very nice Maryann, enjoy your date nite!

For supper I'm planning the Cheesy Manicotti with spinach, from the Cuisine for Two along with the Caeser Salad. I'm going to try doing my own croutons from some 12grain bread.

It's snowing like crazy here, very romantic
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (I just looked....I'm...)
Hey, Daphne, this one doesn't need marinating and it just takes care of its own self.... it's a Tyler Florence recipe

* Exported from MasterCook *

Oven-Roasted Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Dry Rub:
3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons coarse salt
1 pork roast -- (5 to 7 pound) preferably shoulder or Boston butt
Cider Vinegar Barbecue Sauce:
1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
1 cup yellow or brown mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 garlic cloves -- smashed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12 hamburger buns
1 recipe Spicy Slaw -- recipe follows
Pickle spears

Mix the paprika, garlic power, brown sugar, dry mustard, and salt together in a small bowl. Rub the spice blend all over the pork and marinate for as long as you have time for, as little as 1 hour or up to overnight, covered, in the refrigerator.

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.

Put the pork in a roasting pan and bake for about 6 hours. Basically, roast the pork until it's falling apart and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 170 degrees F.

To make the barbecue sauce: combine the vinegar, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, salt, cayenne, and black pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer gently, stirring, for 10 minutes until the sugar dissolves.

Remove the pork roast from the oven and transfer to a large platter. Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes. While still warm, take 2 forks and "pull" the meat to form shreds.

Using 2 forks, shred the pork by steadying the meat with 1 fork and pulling it away with the other. Put the shredded pork in a bowl. Pour 1/2 of the sauce on the shredded pork and mix well to coat.

To serve, spoon the pulled pork mixture onto the bottom 1/2 of the hamburger bun, and top with the spicy slaw. Serve with pickle spears and the remaining sauce on the side.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner by farnfam (Very nice Maryann,[i...)
Cis, I thought that manicotti recipe was great!
I am making soup with the remains of the prime rib and bones. We had the philly steak sandwiches last night...yummy. That roast really ended up being economical!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner by chef_Tab (Cis, I thought that ...)
Tonight is our first Christmas party. We are expecting about 50 guests for a cocktail buffet. Typically we eat very little at these affairs after spending weeks cooking for it. Our second party is the 14th.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner by Old Bay (Tonight is our first...)
Tony and Michael are heading out to a hockey game around 4:00 so they'll grab something there. I'd be fine with a fresh bagel. What I should do is spend my free time making something that can just be heated up tomorrow. The homework my son has been bringing home is increasing and trying to keep him focused on that and work in the kitchen at the same time is getting increasingly tricky.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner by Trixxee (Tony and Michael are...)
Thanks Jean, but William asked for spaghetti, so the Boston Butt is on hold. Like Trixxee, I should put it on for tomorrow night. Seeing how I'm caught up for school, it would be nice to come home and just relax.

Hey Trixxee, what grade? I try to wind my homework down between Thanksgiving and Christmas, knowing families have so many obligations during these weeks.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dec. 7th Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Jean, but Wil...)
Have fun, Maryann!!
www.achefsjourney.com